Most taps in a European bar?

Reads 8374 • Replies 41 • Started Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:53:21 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Ungstrup
beers 51260 º places 372 º 02:02 Fri 2/21/2014

Originally posted by VsXsV
De Klomp here in Linköping has 41 taps (some are empty at times and some of it isn’t that interesting though). According to their place page here they only have 29, but they changed tap system a couple years back.

Monk’s Porter House in Stockholm allegedly has 56 taps according to their place page. That might be with the taps in the separate de Struise bar included though (which is in the same building).

Anyone on the ground in Stockholm that can enlighten us on this?

56 tap?

Kristophe
beers 31 º places 349 º 02:21 Fri 2/21/2014

Originally posted by GarethYoung
Do the bars with 40+ different beers on tap actually keep them all in drinkable condition?

Mikkeller & Friends do. I don’t know about the others.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 02:24 Fri 2/21/2014

Originally posted by Ungstrup
De Klomp here in Linköping has 41 taps (some are empty at times and some of it isn’t that interesting though). According to their place page here they only have 29, but they changed tap system a couple years back.

Monk’s Porter House in Stockholm allegedly has 56 taps according to their place page. That might be with the taps in the separate de Struise bar included though (which is in the same building).

Anyone on the ground in Stockholm that can enlighten us on this?

56 tap?

From these pictures, you can see that they have quite a few taps:

It seems like the four towers on the front has six taps each. The ones on the side are harder to see but it looks like six taps each too. So that’s 48 taps. The Struise bar has a few as well, so 56 sounds plausible. I don’t know if any are duplicate though.

KyotoLefty
beers 15086 º places 1059 º 02:35 Fri 2/21/2014

One question: In the US, whenever I have seen places with 100+ taps (and granted I haven’t been to all that many, just a few), there are always 20-30 taps taken up with international pale lagers and AB-Inbev crafty beers. My experience is that this doesn’t happen in Europe...am I right generally?

Ungstrup
beers 51260 º places 372 º 02:36 Fri 2/21/2014

Thanks everyone for your input - will like to hear more.

I knew White Horse had many taps, but I didn’t know they had 63, which is pretty amazing. But as you state, Tom, they usually (atleast when I’ve visited) have several beers running on more than one tap (to make the serving easier I guess). So for the ticker - you can’t get 63 different draft beers at the same time.

54 in Bergen! I knew Henriks was a great place, but I didn’t know they have 54 tap, buggar that plans for going there never have materialized

And maybe 56 taps in one bar in Stockholm - a lot has happened since I was in Stockholm last, must revisit

So from a ticker point of view, Stockholm seems to be a winner, though I’d like a confirmation, otherwise Bergen

DSG
beers 25798 º places 162 º 02:40 Fri 2/21/2014

Not in Europe, but Israel has 3 bars with 50-55 taps (mostly boring beers though, unfortunately)

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 02:40 Fri 2/21/2014

Originally posted by KyotoLefty
One question: In the US, whenever I have seen places with 100+ taps (and granted I haven’t been to all that many, just a few), there are always 20-30 taps taken up with international pale lagers and AB-Inbev crafty beers. My experience is that this doesn’t happen in Europe...am I right generally?

Depends on if the bar’s tap system is owned by a big brewery/boring distributor or not. One of the pubs with the most taps here in Linköping has 20+ taps, but 10 of them are eurolagers. At the same time, many of the independent places have maybe just one or two, or none.

AndySnow
beers 16554 º places 323 º 04:05 Fri 2/21/2014

It seems like the four towers on the front has six taps each. The ones on the side are harder to see but it looks like six taps each too. So that’s 48 taps. The Struise bar has a few as well, so 56 sounds plausible. I don’t know if any are duplicate though.

I think the claim for 56 taps is just for the Porter House. Struise Bar/Whiskey Paradise and Stockholm Bar (St Erik) are counted as separate venues.

Haven´t actually counted the number of taps, but they have quite a lot of them. The kegs are stored in a separate room not far from the bar. You can look inside through the glass walls. Seems to be temperature controlled and a better place to store kegs than most pubs in Stockholm have.

Might pop in on the way from work today and count how many there are.

Theis
beers 15148 º places 114 º 04:19 Fri 2/21/2014

Word on the street says that, the new place in Copenhagen "Taphouse" (not opened yet), will have 60 taps - 60 different beers.

Lowenbrau
beers 5864 º places 432 º 04:29 Fri 2/21/2014

Moeder Lambic Fontaines in Brussels has 43 taps. Craft Beer Co Clerkenwell, London, about 40 taps. That´s the most i´ve seen in Europe.