Moving back to Louisville later this year

Reads 1157 • Replies 13 • Started Monday, March 7, 2016 9:23:32 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 09:23 Mon 3/7/2016

Hey guys,

I’ll be moving back to Louisville after almost 10 years living in Tokyo. Originally from Owensboro, but lived in Louisville on and off before moving to Tokyo and am looking forward to get back and diving into the beer scene, which has really come along since 2007.

Don’t see a lot of activity in the Louisville forum, but was just wanting to see if any of you get together for tastings or events or anything around Louisville.

Anyway, looking forward to getting beers with anyone who is up for it.

Will

shrubber85
admin
beers 15026 º places 435 º 17:04 Mon 3/7/2016

We tried to get a tasting together last year but it kind of fell apart - haven’t tried again yet this year but we can try again once you get to town - we have (or had, we probably need to recheck) permission to gather at Sergio’s Sunday afternoons. We can get something going again. Hopefully you’ll be pleased with the progress over the past 10 years. Let me know when you get to town.

Roger

Welcome back! If you’d like to try to meet up at some point, shoot me a message.

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 06:39 Tue 3/8/2016

Thanks guys! Really appreciate it. I will keep you guys posted as I’m still working on exact dates and whatnot. Hopefully can bring some Japanese beers back as well to share with the Louisville crew as well. Anyway thanks for the warm welcome already.

Will

rondphoto
beers 5177 º places 236 º 21:15 Wed 3/9/2016

I’m Cincinnati area, but Sergio’s is one of my favorite hangouts. I (and a couple of my beer buds) would like to meet up some Friday or Saturday eve.

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 07:05 Thu 3/10/2016

Sounds great rondphoto. I haven’t been to Sergio’s in almost a decade. It’ll be nice to get back and see what’s changed. Sounds great. I’ll keep you guys posted as I get closer to arriving. Going through the green card process for my wife so not sure exactly how long it will take, but I’m assuming around October at this point...maybe earlier. Anyway, I will definitely keep you guys posted.

Will

Any news on the move?

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 09:23 Tue 9/27/2016

Hey thanks for reaching out CB! Actually yes, tickets booked and I will be flying into Louisville on October 25th.

So far I will be staying at my parent’s place in Owensboro probably until the end of the year at the shortest. Will try to figure out job stuff and will be waiting on my wife and child to come over in January. I will likely be making trips to Louisville for job searches and to see friends and whatnot. Would love to get together for a tasting if any of the local RB crew is up for it. I will bring some Japanese beers back so it would be fun to crack a few with Ratebeerians in Louisville or somewhere in the area.

Will keep you posted as things start to gel together. Super busy with shipping 9 years of accumulated shit back to the states from halfway across the world while trying to decide what to do career-wise.

Anyway thanks for checking in. Really looking forward to getting back and getting settled in and exploring the beer scene in KY, TN, OH, IN, MO and IL.

Will

drfabulous
beers 15589 º places 239 º 12:53 Tue 9/27/2016

Then Lexington is where you want to go!

Originally posted by drfabulous
Then Lexington is where you want to go!
Certainly a worthy beer destination for many reasons!

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 19:28 Tue 9/27/2016

Yeah I have been itching to try some West Sixth and more Country Boy. The Country Boy guys lived over here in Japan for a while I heard. I didn’t cross paths with them when they were here though.