Nashville + Mammoth Cave

Reads 1463 • Replies 23 • Started Tuesday, June 21, 2016 5:28:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 20:39 Wed 6/22/2016

Originally posted by ContemplateBeer
Is the OP reading any of this, I wonder?

Very much so, I really appreciate the input from you guys. Thank you!

Originally posted by GT

Very much so, I really appreciate the input from you guys. Thank you!

shrubber85
admin
beers 15017 º places 435 º 20:49 Fri 6/24/2016

Originally posted by shrubber85
If you decide to go to the downtown breweries, probably would be worth a trip over to Fat Bottom + Smith and Lentz - they are across the street from each other - really nice guys at Smith & Lentz.

Oh, I forgot Corsair - just west of downtown. I’ve not been to the Beer Lab but got to try one of their beers which was very nice. They are doing some interesting things - they will be a must stop for me next time I’m in the area.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 10:36 Sun 7/10/2016

Thanks again for everyone’s input.

We ended up doing Mantra, Smith & Lentz, TN Brew Works, and Little Harpeth in Nashville. Mantra was by far the best. Smith & Lentz had a fun atmosphere and great location, but the beers I wasn’t able to get down with and they didn’t do tasters. TN Brew Works beers weren’t great, but the atmosphere was fun and lively. Little Harpeth we went to for the fireworks show on the river. Their lagers were surprisingly really good.

For Bowling Green, I stopped by whatever Wino’s Depot location came up on Google Maps and it had recently closed permanently, but they said they had another location somewhere else in the city, but I couldn’t find the address easily. So we went to White Squirrel, which was quirky and fun, they’ve got a full bar and restaurant and nice staff. The beer needed some work, but it was normally priced for tasters. Full pours, you are right, were strangely priced at $5 for their Kolsch, $6 for their APA, and $7 for their normal abv porter. They also had guest taps from Against the Grain, Goodwood, Crazy Mountain, and Country Boy Brewing.

Travlr
beers 33863 º places 4576 º 13:34 Sun 7/10/2016

I’m reading it, I’m heading to Nashville and Franklin week after next. Much appreciated!

shrubber85
admin
beers 15017 º places 435 º 13:45 Sun 7/10/2016

Originally posted by Travlr

I’m reading it, I’m heading to Nashville and Franklin week after next. Much appreciated!

Although it’s probably already on your radar, you need to stop by Turtle Anarchy (for its name alone).

Originally posted by GT

We ended up doing Mantra, Smith & Lentz, TN Brew Works, and Little Harpeth in Nashville. Mantra was by far the best. Smith & Lentz had a fun atmosphere and great location, but the beers I wasn’t able to get down with and they didn’t do tasters. TN Brew Works beers weren’t great, but the atmosphere was fun and lively. Little Harpeth we went to for the fireworks show on the river. Their lagers were surprisingly really good.

For Bowling Green, I stopped by whatever Wino’s Depot location came up on Google Maps and it had recently closed permanently, but they said they had another location somewhere else in the city, but I couldn’t find the address easily. So we went to White Squirrel, which was quirky and fun, they’ve got a full bar and restaurant and nice staff. The beer needed some work, but it was normally priced for tasters. Full pours, you are right, were strangely priced at $5 for their Kolsch, $6 for their APA, and $7 for their normal abv porter. They also had guest taps from Against the Grain, Goodwood, Crazy Mountain, and Country Boy Brewing.
Good info, thanks for this! The Wino’s Depot location- was it in a strip mall with a local pizza joint by chance?

http://www.ratebeer.com/p/lost-river-pizza-co-bowling-green/55109/79318/

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 00:04 Mon 7/11/2016

Originally posted by GT

Good info, thanks for this! The Wino’s Depot location- was it in a strip mall with a local pizza joint by chance?

http://www.ratebeer.com/p/lost-river-pizza-co-bowling-green/55109/79318/

This is the location I went to via Yelp. I reported it closed, so that’s why that banner is now on there. Before that, it was an active listing:
https://www.yelp.com/biz/winos-depot-bowling-green

They said they have a second location still in business, but the address wasn’t given and Yelp didn’t have a listing for it, so I abandoned the search and did White Squirrel.

Brigadier
beers 4930 º places 334 º 20:40 Mon 7/11/2016

Originally posted by shrubber85

Although it’s probably already on your radar, you need to stop by Turtle Anarchy (for its name alone).

I am pretty sure that if there was a brewpub behind someone’s house in a shack he’d have it on his list. That’s why it is just a matter of time before Gene manages to rate so many places none will be left to review :)