NB Lips of Faith Brett Beer

Reads 3564 • Replies 70 • Started Tuesday, March 19, 2013 10:19:20 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

AZBennett
beers 115 º 11:39 Sun 3/24/2013

I realize from a craft beer drinkers perspective saying Ranger/Rampant are better than Henry Weinhards isn’t saying much but I don’t think Ranger/Rampants core audience is the craft beer drinker. I think they want to use those beers as gateway beers. And I think they are catering the LoF series towards ceaft beer drinkers.

tennisjoel
beers 2229 º places 53 º 08:35 Mon 3/25/2013

Originally posted by 3fourths
Originally posted by Trev
The Lips of Faith stuff has been (especially recently) a lot more adventurous and inventive than the Smokestacks.

wow, sorry, I disagree 100% with this. New Belgium has a talent for throwing things together without putting any thought into the final product. Random spices, fruit and vegetables added without reason to poorly-made base beer. New Belgium beers are also force-carbonated and pasteurized, while the Smokestack series are unpasteurized and bottle-conditioned (and Boulevard remains one of the few American breweries doing bottle-conditioning right).

you use the word inventive and I think that’s a poor choice. NBB is throwing darts at the wall and hoping something works, but few of their beers do.

Boulevard, meanwhile, offers a brett Saison with actual live brettanomyces in it, they make one of the best Belgian-style imperial stouts in the world, and even the over-done ho-hum wheat wine style (Harvest Dance) shows they are at the top of the game.

+1000

Quasimodo
beers 217 º 17:16 Mon 3/25/2013

NB Brett Beer was almost as bad as Green Flash Rayon Vert. Both beers are train wrecks and were fun to drain pour.

Bobbydigi
places 1 º 17:35 Mon 3/25/2013

Rayon Vert a drain pour. Good one.

Steve_0
beers 3744 º places 142 º 20:24 Mon 3/25/2013

Originally posted by Quasimodo
NB Brett Beer was almost as bad as Green Flash Rayon Vert. Both beers are train wrecks and were fun to drain pour.

U jokin, bro?

LtDan
beers 1808 º places 65 º 21:56 Mon 3/25/2013

Rayon Vert is one of my favorite beers of all time.

errantnight
23:11 Mon 3/25/2013

Originally posted by LtDan

Rayon Vert is one of my favorite beers of all time.

Yikes.

jake65
beers 4400 º places 158 º 06:13 Tue 3/26/2013

I find it hard to believe not everyone shares the same opinion on every beer.

tennisjoel
beers 2229 º places 53 º 08:27 Wed 3/27/2013

Originally posted by Steve_0

U jokin, bro?

Hmm...I’ve never heard anyone before say a beer is FUN to drain pour. I’m sure your sink enjoyed the experience.