RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

new barrel same beer question....

read 396 times • 2 replies • posted 7/15/2012 4:19:05 AM

Thread Frozen

premium
Lukaduke 2141:59
Not that this very pertinent to anyone but myself... seeing as Im the only person who has rated this beer... but I just got batch # 2 of Oxbow Barrel Aged Farmhouse Ale !

Its their same classic Farmhouse recipe with brett but the barrel has changed from a buffalo trace bourbon barrel for the first batch... to the current release which is a Jim Beam barrel that held Sams Utopias then Maine Meadworks Strawberry Mead now Oxbow Barrel Aged Farmhouse Ale.... rate it under this beer or add as new?

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/oxbow-barrel-aged-farmhouse-pale-ale/171112/

The good news is they have bottled more beer ! Last release they limited to 1 bottle per person... this time its the same but Ive become pretty friendly with the whole crew up there and when the labels come in, it looks like Im gonna get a little stash to spread around to some RB peeps ! Let me know if your interested in trading... should be picking up more of the new batch in the next couple weeks.

Private message Send the author a private message

premium
b3shine 5335:262
Iím not a fan of using bourbon barrels more than twice, but that aside, I would think it should be a separate beer, especially because of what the barrels held the prior two times.
7/15/2012 6:56:07 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
CheesedMan 555:12
Originally posted by b3shine
Iím not a fan of using bourbon barrels more than twice, but that aside, I would think it should be a separate beer, especially because of what the barrels held the prior two times.

The brewery is not making much any effort to distinguish the different barrel on this batch it seems, so really, it isnít a new entry, at least IMHO. In fact, the only mention mention of barrel is a generic oak descriptor by the brewery.

Link
7/15/2012 7:20:38 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add