RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

New Bottle Shop Venture

read 610 times • 5 replies • posted 5/15/2013 7:33:57 PM

Thread Frozen

slohops
Looking at opening a craft bottle shop and tasting room in San Luis Obispo, CA central coast I am struggling with forecasting average daily customer count and average customer ticket/purchase.

Currently forecasting average of 150 customers a day w/$12 ticket. Lower customer counts weekdays and higher weekend counts. Vibrant downtown, Cal Poly college and significant tourism.

Also forecasting 34% on site draft and bottle capped sales, 50% off site bottle and 6% growler.

Appreciate any feedback or input from any current shop owners or people in the know.

Cheers!
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
TheHOFF43 1750:108
your forecast equals 90%...
5/15/2013 7:35:26 PM

Private message send the author a private message

slohops
Left out the 10% for light fare and merchandise (glassware, books, logo apparel)
5/15/2013 10:03:57 PM

brewtopian 2:
Donít count on a major influx from campus since only 20% of any college campus is old enough to drink and that 20% is by and large not into craft beer.

150 per day as an average may be a bit high since thatís 12.5 customers per hour. Iíd cut your projection by 1/2 to 1/3 to be safe.

Your product mix is probably not far off.
5/15/2013 10:13:19 PM

premium
bytemesis 3104:367
I thought growlers were only fillable at a brewery/brewpub in California?
5/15/2013 10:13:47 PM

slohops
Originally posted by bytemesis
I thought growlers were only fillable at a brewery/brewpub in California?

Weíll I had thought that AB 640 was changing the rules, but on a third read it only applies to beer manufacturers. Scratch the growlers until CA catches up with the rest of the pro craft states.
5/16/2013 8:33:13 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search