New Breweries in Planning - Part Deux

Reads 631 • Replies 8 • Started Tuesday, April 19, 2016 12:39:08 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
12:39 Tue 4/19/2016

Since the initial thread was frozen (because it’s really old, I suppose), I figured that I’d start a new one with it being PCBW and all.

Finally took the trip out to visit Helicon since it’s only a little more than 3 miles from one of my offices.

LOTS of good looking stainless fermenters and the 15 bbl (I think) brewing system in the house. Space is big and has the capacity to be pretty damn cool. By the looks of it, it could open next month. Or it might be 6. Who knows? Website says Fall 2016, so I guess I’ll go with that. http://heliconbrewing.com/

Either way, I hope the people of the Robinson area are thirsty, ’cause that’s a LOT of beer.

https://www.facebook.com/heliconbrewing/?fref=ts

cheap
beers 8839 º places 327 º 22:34 Tue 4/19/2016

This place will become a regular for me if they have a taproom - looking forward to it.

HornyDevil
05:30 Wed 4/20/2016

Originally posted by cheap
This place will become a regular for me if they have a taproom - looking forward to it.

It’s definitely going to have a taproom. A rather large one from what I’ve seen. Probably an outside deck or patio as well. Haven’t heard anything about a kitchen, though.

Art
beers 3223 º places 131 º 11:07 Wed 4/20/2016

I heard they are just brewing IPAs. You’ll love the place.

lithy
beers 2996 º places 156 º 11:33 Wed 4/20/2016

Just a few of the newer projects that I can think of. Obviously there are some around that are still opening but have been in progress for a while now, so left some of those off.

Abjuration is opening in the Parkway Theatre in Stowe Township. Last news was planning for a 1-3bbl brewhouse. No date yet.

War Streets Brewing, Mexican War Streets. I don’t know much more about them yet, but they have some stuff on facebook.

Allegheny City Brewing, North Side, 7ish? bbl brewery. Small tap room space.

Rusty Gold Brewing, Canonsburg, pics of some brewing equipment on facebook, can’t tell size but looks on the smaller side.

Mindful Brewing, Castle Shannon, 10bbl brewpub in the old McGinnis Market on Library Road. Scheduled to open by late summer.

Yellow Bridge Brewing, Delmont, not sure about much else beyond that.

Fury Brewing, supposedly similar (same?) brew system as Hitchhiker, not sure where they are opening though.

cheap
beers 8839 º places 327 º 14:37 Wed 4/20/2016

Originally posted by Art

I heard they are just brewing IPAs. You’ll love the place.

Can I smoke cigars on the deck, this will be the question.

LinusStick
beers 3741 º places 66 º 19:26 Sat 6/11/2016

Originally posted by lithy
Just a few of the newer projects that I can think of. Obviously there are some around that are still opening but have been in progress for a while now, so left some of those off.

Abjuration is opening in the Parkway Theatre in Stowe Township. Last news was planning for a 1-3bbl brewhouse. No date yet.

War Streets Brewing, Mexican War Streets. I don’t know much more about them yet, but they have some stuff on facebook.

Rusty Gold Brewing, Canonsburg, pics of some brewing equipment on facebook, can’t tell size but looks on the smaller side.

Mindful Brewing, Castle Shannon, 10bbl brewpub in the old McGinnis Market on Library Road. Scheduled to open by late summer.

Fury Brewing, supposedly similar (same?) brew system as Hitchhiker, not sure where they are opening though.

I’m friends with Dave and Tom who are the owners of Abjuration. I’ve had a bunch of their beers throughout the last few years and every one has been solid (and I’m not just saying that because they are my friends). They were interviewed on a Pittsburgh Craft Beer Industry podcast and it was probably the most entertaining of the show. The concept of a movie theater/brewery sounds like a unique idea. Their opening party is next Saturday in case there’s any interest

Beerman6686
beers 6607 º places 149 º 09:29 Sun 6/12/2016

Originally posted by LinusStick
Originally posted by lithy

I’m friends with Dave and Tom who are the owners of Abjuration. I’ve had a bunch of their beers throughout the last few years and every one has been solid (and I’m not just saying that because they are my friends). They were interviewed on a Pittsburgh Craft Beer Industry podcast and it was probably the most entertaining of the show. The concept of a movie theater/brewery sounds like a unique idea. Their opening party is next Saturday in case there’s any interest

Sounded like a good idea until I realized they’re showing a bunch of political driven nonsense.

LinusStick
beers 3741 º places 66 º 14:35 Sun 6/12/2016

Really? Didn’t hear that. As an FYI: the brewery operates in the theater and the tastin room is located there. They don’t own or run the movie theater. 2 separate entities