New breweries in Wisconsin

Reads 1630 • Replies 12 • Started Thursday, January 3, 2013 6:27:42 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 06:27 Thu 1/3/2013

Just picked up a 4-pack of Green Flash Rayon Vert at Woodman’s West last night and it made me realize how many new breweries have come into WI the last year or so.

Sure, we’ve lost Stone, Dogfish Head, Allagash, Two Brothers, etc. over the years, but it’s fun to try new places like Tallgrass, Alaskan, Hoppin’ Frog, Clown Shoes, Mission, etc.

The downside is I can never decide what to get when I’m at the beer store--there are almost too many options now!

cbfobes
beers 2938 º places 29 º 06:38 Thu 1/3/2013

I didn’t realize Green Flash was even available here, nice! Wisconsin truly is a tickers paradise with tons to choose from.

esjaygee
beers 3902 º places 262 º 06:42 Thu 1/3/2013

There are a lot of options and I’ve liked what I’ve had from Clown Shoes and Green Flash so far. At one point I wanted to try every beer that hit the shelves but that’s just not a realistic option anymore.

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 07:11 Thu 1/3/2013

Apparently we’re getting Alesmith pretty soon as well. Ah, when it rains, it pours...beer.

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 07:18 Thu 1/3/2013

Originally posted by jlruthven
Apparently we’re getting Alesmith pretty soon as well. Ah, when it rains, it pours...beer.

That’s right...and I wonder if the long-rumored Deschutes infiltration will ever become reality.

madvike
beers 3357 º places 3 º 07:20 Thu 1/3/2013

Originally posted by esjaygee
There are a lot of options and I’ve liked what I’ve had from Clown Shoes and Green Flash so far. At one point I wanted to try every beer that hit the shelves but that’s just not a realistic option anymore.

Yep...and it’s especially hard when very few stores will break up 4-packs and only have a small percentage of 6-packs in their mix 6 section. I’d throw all my business to a store that did that.

cbfobes
beers 2938 º places 29 º 08:13 Thu 1/3/2013

I wouldn’t complain about being able to snag some Speedway every now and again.

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 09:11 Thu 1/3/2013

Originally posted by madvike

That’s right...and I wonder if the long-rumored Deschutes infiltration will ever become reality.

That would figure. I just snagged a 2011 Abyss and felt pretty special.

Adampaal
11:48 Sat 5/11/2013

Sorry noob question, but are our distributors that shitty in WI that we keep loosing premier breweries???

esjaygee
beers 3902 º places 262 º 12:24 Sat 5/11/2013

I’m pretty sure it’s the breweries or distributors that pull out of Wisconsin on their own and nothing to do with how shitty our distributors are. Do I prefer Stone and Dogfish to New Glaurus? Heck yeah, but I’m in the minority and understand why breweries pull out of the state. In the end we’ve got it pretty good here and hopefully someday Milwaukee will get some nanos/brewpubs that I really really want!

brewblackhole
beers 1585 º places 4 º 13:27 Sat 5/11/2013

Revolution is supposed to be coming here also