RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Wisconsin | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

New breweries in Wisconsin

read 707 times • 12 replies • posted 1/3/2013 6:27:42 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

premium
madvike 2583:3
Just picked up a 4-pack of Green Flash Rayon Vert at Woodmanís West last night and it made me realize how many new breweries have come into WI the last year or so.

Sure, weíve lost Stone, Dogfish Head, Allagash, Two Brothers, etc. over the years, but itís fun to try new places like Tallgrass, Alaskan, Hoppiní Frog, Clown Shoes, Mission, etc.

The downside is I can never decide what to get when Iím at the beer store--there are almost too many options now!
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
cbfobes 2155:26
I didnít realize Green Flash was even available here, nice! Wisconsin truly is a tickers paradise with tons to choose from.
1/3/2013 6:38:24 AM

Private message send the author a private message

esjaygee 3903:262
There are a lot of options and Iíve liked what Iíve had from Clown Shoes and Green Flash so far. At one point I wanted to try every beer that hit the shelves but thatís just not a realistic option anymore.
1/3/2013 6:42:01 AM

jlruthven 534:7
Apparently weíre getting Alesmith pretty soon as well. Ah, when it rains, it pours...beer.
1/3/2013 7:11:46 AM

premium
Originally posted by jlruthven
Apparently weíre getting Alesmith pretty soon as well. Ah, when it rains, it pours...beer.

Thatís right...and I wonder if the long-rumored Deschutes infiltration will ever become reality.
1/3/2013 7:18:55 AM

premium
Originally posted by esjaygee
There are a lot of options and Iíve liked what Iíve had from Clown Shoes and Green Flash so far. At one point I wanted to try every beer that hit the shelves but thatís just not a realistic option anymore.

Yep...and itís especially hard when very few stores will break up 4-packs and only have a small percentage of 6-packs in their mix 6 section. Iíd throw all my business to a store that did that.
1/3/2013 7:20:37 AM

premium
cbfobes 2155:26

I wouldnít complain about being able to snag some Speedway every now and again.
1/3/2013 8:13:55 AM

jlruthven 534:7
Originally posted by madvike

Thatís right...and I wonder if the long-rumored Deschutes infiltration will ever become reality.

That would figure. I just snagged a 2011 Abyss and felt pretty special.
1/3/2013 9:11:12 AM

Adampaal
Sorry noob question, but are our distributors that shitty in WI that we keep loosing premier breweries???
5/11/2013 11:48:46 AM

esjaygee 3903:262
Iím pretty sure itís the breweries or distributors that pull out of Wisconsin on their own and nothing to do with how shitty our distributors are. Do I prefer Stone and Dogfish to New Glaurus? Heck yeah, but Iím in the minority and understand why breweries pull out of the state. In the end weíve got it pretty good here and hopefully someday Milwaukee will get some nanos/brewpubs that I really really want!
5/11/2013 12:24:31 PM

brewblackhole 1588:4
Revolution is supposed to be coming here also
5/11/2013 1:27:05 PM

Home > Forums > Wisconsin

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us