RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Germany | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

New Brewpubs/Breweries in Germany

read 2732 times • 31 replies • posted 8/31/2011 3:41:55 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

premium
Bierkrug 2131:310
Hausbrauerei Schober

This Microbewery is located in Zirndorf near Nurnberg. They boast six beers.
12/15/2011 3:13:57 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Quack-Duck 7759:172
A quick glance at Evan Railís website www.german-breweries.com will show that both Hasen and Weinzierl no longer brew. However Schober in Zirndorf seems to still exist. Cheers!
12/15/2011 3:32:25 AM

premium
chriso 7347:368
Originally posted by Quack-Duck
A quick glance at Evan Railís website www.german-breweries.com will show that both Hasen and Weinzierl no longer brew. However Schober in Zirndorf seems to still exist. Cheers!

Thatís actually Steve Thomasís (the guy who wrote the GBG Germany) website. It does seem to be updated fairly regularly although the original book is now over 5 years old and getting a bit long in the tooth. Donít know whether there are plans for a new edition. The amount of work involved in compiling a guide like that (and keeping it updated), especially single-handed by a guy who doesnít live in Germany and isnít an industry "professional", must be fearsome.

Another excellent English language site (my German is terrible) that I used to find very useful - Paul Harropís Central Europeís New Breweries (which included Germany) seems to have disappeared from the web. At least itís old URL is dead and I canít find a new one.

Keep up the good work with German breweries & brewpubs chaps - itís much appreciated.
12/15/2011 4:00:02 AM

premium
Quack-Duck 7759:172
Uh, yes, of course itís Seve Thomas... He has published a 24 page update containing all the updates from his website in printed form. You can see where you can order it on his website under "news".
Cheers!
12/15/2011 4:39:10 AM

premium
Quackduck,
Thanks much for your input. It really helps when we all tackle this together. The German mapping and checking has been neglected for far too long. I have done a screening of over 1000 brewpubs and breweries in South Germany (RP, SR, BY, BW & HE) in the last eight months. It has been a huge undertaking. I found a lot of new places and added over 400 of them to the Ratebeer map. Also found about 20 new brewpubs and breweries. I do not plan to do the other states so if anyone wants then feel free.

As far as online research goes German Breweries is one of the better ones but I have found them to be only 95% correct. As is the case with Weinziel, a quick look at Weinziel website will show you not only have they started brewing again just recently but even lists their new line of beers. Also from early September until two weeks ago German Breweries had no updates. I will add the new ones that are posted their after I research them. German Breweries goes completely by user submissions and some have proved false.

Brauereigasthof zum Hasen is reported on two other websites as brewing again. Their website hints at this but has little proof, but now that I am back in Germany I will call both of the places and confirm.

Beer Me on the other hand is very inaccurate and has about a 60% correctness only. It does however have some jewels init but it takes a lot of research to get to some of them.

I also check several German sites as well. Over all I have become a lot better at checking if place are brewing or not. Still everything should be posted here so others can cross check them.

There is of course the more questionable ones that I have only listed on this thread that should be checked as well.

Right now Ratebeer has the most up to date map and data base in the world for southern Germany.
12/15/2011 11:13:07 PM

Erlangernick 1:2
What do you lot make of http://www.bierfranken.eu/ for Franconia?
12/16/2011 12:42:14 AM

Erlangernick 1:2
Specifically their map: http://www.bierfranken.eu/karte.php
12/16/2011 12:43:06 AM

premium
Nick our Franken expert. I have used them at times but only targeted checks for Franken. Looks like I can do a run through their website as well. Feel free to add and you find.
12/16/2011 1:51:27 AM

premium
Cast-Brauerei

And I just left Stuttgart as well and missed this one.It is located near the city center. This is an American brewer that moved to Germany Hence some of the beers are American style. He is brewing two beers with two more do out soon.

GrŁner Brauerei

Closed for over 40 years it has been opened again. Although it is owned by Tucher is has its own brewery in its old location in Furth. So far only brewing a Helles but more to come.

Schlossbrauhaus Schwangau

Located in Schwangau near Fussen website says they are brewing with pictures of the brewing process. There is no information on their beers but they say they have a Christmas beer now.
12/16/2011 5:25:22 AM

premium
Landhaus Arberkristall
Near the Chech border in Bavaria, they report six beers.

Ammerseer Brauhaus
Closed in 1974, brewing started (albeit on a much smaller scale) in the former Brauerei Schreyegg in Stegen, near Inning, not far from Andechs. No information on their beers
1/18/2012 11:54:57 PM

Home > Forums > Germany

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers