RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

new comer to beer

read 1064 times • 18 replies • posted 6/29/2012 1:53:28 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

electric_doom
hey evryone. ive recently decided to start drinking beer again! but i havent had a drink in quite some time and i want a really good tasting beer. i was looking at the top 50. theres a three floyds near my house and im thinking of picking up one of their beers. worth it? any suggestions would be great too.

also i know i might sound dumb but do i really need to pour the beer in a certain something? or is just drinking from the bottle really that bad? thanks in advanced
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
JMerritt 1844:72
Welcome! My advice will be simple: donít over-think it.

If youíre not sure what you like, just pick up a random selection of beers the next time you are in the store. You can try to seek out beers in the Top 50 list, but I wouldnít recommend you kill yourself doing so.

Get yourself a British pint glass or similar (something like this: http://uncrate.com/stuff/british-imperial-pint-glasses/) to drink your beers out of. If you drink out of the bottle, youíll really miss out on the aromatic aspect of the beers.

When you drink something, come back to the site and tick (give the beer 1-5 stars) or rate (give a more elaborate review) to keep track of what you like.

Have fun!
6/29/2012 2:13:21 PM

Private message send the author a private message

502Che 999:47
For the sake of responsibility, i feel i must ask a rhetorical question... Was there any particular reason you havent had a drink in such a long time? If not, have fun and have a great weekend!
6/29/2012 2:23:25 PM

premium
GT2 8742:613
If itís not swill, drink the beer from a glass. Otherwise you will get no aroma and thus your olfactory nerves will not be able to help your tongue distinguish more flavors than just the basics: salty, sweet, bitter, sour, umami.
6/29/2012 2:25:39 PM

electric_doom
Originally posted by 502F
For the sake of responsibility, i feel i must ask a rhetorical question... Was there any particular reason you havent had a drink in such a long time? If not, have fun and have a great weekend!

honestly. dumb freinds and just drikning to party and not caring what the beer was. but now i just want some good tasting beer to chill with friends with.
6/29/2012 2:27:37 PM

electric_doom
Originally posted by JMerritt
Welcome! My advice will be simple: donít over-think it.

If youíre not sure what you like, just pick up a random selection of beers the next time you are in the store. You can try to seek out beers in the Top 50 list, but I wouldnít recommend you kill yourself doing so.

Get yourself a British pint glass or similar (something like this: http://uncrate.com/stuff/british-imperial-pint-glasses/) to drink your beers out of. If you drink out of the bottle, youíll really miss out on the aromatic aspect of the beers.

When you drink something, come back to the site and tick (give the beer 1-5 stars) or rate (give a more elaborate review) to keep track of what you like.

Have fun!

thanks for the advise good sir! ill surely do that. and thanks for the link.

thanks for the advise good sir! ill surely do that. and thanks for the link.
thanks for the advise. will do :)and thanks for the link
6/29/2012 2:30:20 PM

premium
wnoble 1251:
Originally posted by electric_doom
theres a three floyds near my house

If there is "A" Three Floyds near your house then you are one of the lucky ones that get to live next to them.

Cheers.
6/29/2012 3:09:42 PM

502Che 999:47
Originally posted by 502F

honestly. dumb freinds and just drikning to party and not caring what the beer was. but now i just want some good tasting beer to chill with friends with.

On board, have fun man! This site is a wealth of knowledge. I agree with the "donít over think it", but the OBVIOUS answer is go to Three Floyds! Its is recognized on here as (and IS IMO) one of the best breweries in the world.

I have te pleasure of visiting for the first time about a month ago. The place kicks ass. Great food too.

Cheers,
_phil
6/29/2012 4:17:48 PM

electric_doom
Originally posted by wnoble
theres a three floyds near my house

If there is "A" Three Floyds near your house then you are one of the lucky ones that get to live next to them.

Cheers.

yea i live in chicago and i can not wait to go now. thanks for all the help guys :)
6/30/2012 2:54:19 AM

thegermanbeer
not sure itīs available in US, but this is one of the best german beers

http://bestuff.com/images/images_of_stuff/210x600/wernesgrner-28916.jpg%3F1173667430
6/30/2012 3:53:57 AM

premium
Billicus 289:16
hey evryone. ive recently decided to start drinking beer again! but i havent had a drink in quite some time and i want a really good tasting beer. i was looking at the top 50. theres a three floyds near my house and im thinking of picking up one of their beers. worth it? any suggestions would be great too.

also i know i might sound dumb but do i really need to pour the beer in a certain something? or is just drinking from the bottle really that bad? thanks in advanced

Just hit a palate Wrecker! strong stuff star with best, scoll past the rest!
6/30/2012 6:18:15 AM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers