New England Ratebeer Meetup

Reads 13080 • Replies 182 • Started Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:51:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

WillRunForBeer
beers 2859 º places 24 º 21:51 Sun 12/22/2013

Let’s make this happen. This stems from the "crickets" thread, but I thought it might generate more interest with a more descriptive title. There’s a bunch of us in New England that ought to meet and maybe share a few brews. One person suggested Waterbury, VT. I threw out Blue Lobster in Hampton, NH. Portsmouth or Portland might work too. If we want to do a bottle share we could maybe do Brown’s Lobster Pound.... Open year round and BYOB.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

How about dates? I work alternating weekends, so Jan 4-5 and 18-19 are good for me. I also have MLK day, Jan 20th off.

Cheers!

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 02:30 Mon 12/23/2013

I’m moving to Cali on the 15 th. Earlier is better. Can go almost anywhere but if in southern NH,Mass, etc it’ll have to be a weekend

WillRunForBeer
beers 2859 º places 24 º 06:24 Mon 12/23/2013

Okay, that narrows it down. Does Jan 4th, 5th or maybe New Years Day work?

boto
beers 2444 º places 104 º 06:47 Mon 12/23/2013

I wouldn’t mind coming, but I’m a bit too far away.

mcox90
beers 3050 º places 61 º 09:03 Mon 12/23/2013

Originally posted by adamjackson
I’m moving to Cali on the 15 th. Earlier is better. Can go almost anywhere but if in southern NH,Mass, etc it’ll have to be a weekend
Adam Jackson is moving away

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 09:32 Mon 12/23/2013

I’d be down for such a thing. I’d probably do better with more notice, though. If it’s not in Boston I’d ideally want to arrange for a ride or hotel.

I may actually happen to be in Portsmouth for something else on the 4th, but that doesn’t really help.

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 10:48 Mon 12/23/2013

Originally posted by mcox90
Originally posted by adamjackson
Adam Jackson is moving away

Not quite..splitting my time up 50/50 in 2014...possibly moving in 2015. It’s up to the higher ups.

AirForceHops
beers 15023 º places 225 º 14:19 Mon 12/23/2013

Originally posted by WillRunForBeer
Let’s make this happen. This stems from the "crickets" thread, but I thought it might generate more interest with a more descriptive title. There’s a bunch of us in New England that ought to meet and maybe share a few brews. One person suggested Waterbury, VT. I threw out Blue Lobster in Hampton, NH. Portsmouth or Portland might work too. If we want to do a bottle share we could maybe do Brown’s Lobster Pound.... Open year round and BYOB.

What do you think? Any other suggestions?

How about dates? I work alternating weekends, so Jan 4-5 and 18-19 are good for me. I also have MLK day, Jan 20th off.

Cheers!

I’m glad the "crickets" got people chatting. I really can’t do early Jan Because of other commitments. But if we are to plan a “spring” Event it would give people time to plan and possible take off from work.
Reynolds314 mentioned the Waterbury VT location and I love that idea. The best Western is only like half a mile from “down town” and in the spring time is an easy walk. The third week in March works for me because I already have vacation put in at my work and it has been approved. I also think Burlington is a great spot as well with The Farmhouse Grill, Vermont Pub and Zero Gravity / American flat bread all in a short walk.
So, I’m open to anything in VT.

Anyhow… my only real intent was to get the New England ratebeerians chatting about upcoming tastings and events people are attending. I know most of us are really spread out, so just trying to get people to start talking to each other.

Reynolds314
beers 3472 º places 41 º 14:25 Mon 12/23/2013

Id definitely be down for a late march or early april meetup. Early January is too short notice for me. I love waterbury personally but if we can get a consensus from people on a location Im open to a lot of different things. The weather is a little less of a wild card at that point but it is Vermont so you never know even in April.

Im flexible as long as I have a bit of notice. As of right now my only busy weekend is March 21-22 with extreme beerfest. Lets get some dialogue on when works for the most people and make something happen.

WillRunForBeer
beers 2859 º places 24 º 15:21 Mon 12/23/2013

I’ll also be hitting EBF (Friday). i should be able to do something either the weekend before or the weekend after. Adam, will you be back around then?

mkgrenwel
beers 619 º places 117 º 15:27 Mon 12/23/2013

I love any excuse to visit VT