New England Ratebeer Meetup

Reads 13083 • Replies 182 • Started Sunday, December 22, 2013 9:51:43 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 04:50 Wed 2/19/2014

Everything should be smooth sailing at this point.

jamesewelch
beers 259 º places 19 º 09:05 Mon 2/24/2014

I sent a request to access the bottle share sheet. How exactly does the share work?

I’m hoping to attend, so if anyone needs a tour guide or anything, just let me know and I’ll see if I can help. There’ll be a few new breweries opened by the event, so if anyone wants to check those out, just let me know. You might be able to get the first RateBeer review for those new breweries/beer.

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 13:49 Mon 2/24/2014

Originally posted by jamesewelch
I sent a request to access the bottle share sheet. How exactly does the share work?

I’m hoping to attend, so if anyone needs a tour guide or anything, just let me know and I’ll see if I can help. There’ll be a few new breweries opened by the event, so if anyone wants to check those out, just let me know. You might be able to get the first RateBeer review for those new breweries/beer.

I’m not sure what you did, but you don’t appear to be be on the list. I’ve responded through BM.

Which new breweries were you referring to? I’ll be arriving in Montpelier and stopping in the Capitol City Farmers Market and may get a burger at Worthy, but besides that I don’t really have a lot planned other than to go to the event a little later in Waterbury, of course.

jamesewelch
beers 259 º places 19 º 14:08 Mon 2/24/2014

Lost Nation in Morrisville, Burlington Beer Company in Williston, Infinity Brewing in South Burlington, 4 Quarters Brewery in Winooski, Queen City Brewery in Burlington (might not be open yet), etc.

Burlington Beer Co and Infinity Brewing both opened last week/weekend. BBC doesn’t have full equipment working yet, so Joe’s just doing samples from his pilot equipment.

Update on the 4 newest ones at http://www.vtbeer.org/2014/02/20/updates-burlington-area-brewery-openings/

Thanks, responded via BM

radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 14:20 Mon 2/24/2014

Lost Nation in Morrisville, Burlington Beer Company in Williston, Infinity Brewing in South Burlington, 4 Quarters Brewery in Winooski, Queen City Brewery in Burlington (might not be open yet), etc.

Burlington Beer Co and Infinity Brewing both opened last week/weekend. BBC doesn’t have full equipment working yet, so Joe’s just doing samples from his pilot equipment.

Update on the 4 newest ones at http://www.vtbeer.org/2014/02/20/updates-burlington-area-brewery-openings/

Thanks, responded via BM
The brewery mentioned I’m probably the most interested in visitng is Lost Nation: all of their beers have been dangerously drinkable and very light and refreshing, and everyone speaks highly of the brewers there. It’s only 40-45 minutes from Montpelier, so it’s a possibility, but I’m arriving extremely early in the morning in the capitol and having lunch around town. I’m all for having a few beers there, but we may not have a lot of time before the event in Waterbury. I’ll BM you in a bit on my schedule.

dogfish120love
beers 1339 º places 18 º 06:38 Thu 3/6/2014

So apparently I waited too long to book a hotel. Everything at the Best Western is booked. If anyone has a double bed and would be interested in splitting the cost of a room Sat night please let me know. If not, see you all next time around

jamesewelch
beers 259 º places 19 º 06:55 Thu 3/6/2014

Check the hotels in Williston and South Burlington. There’s a bunch there and they are only ~30 mins drive away.

dogfish120love
beers 1339 º places 18 º 06:57 Thu 3/6/2014

Check the hotels in Williston and South Burlington. There’s a bunch there and they are only ~30 mins drive away.

Thanks, but I don’t want to risk drinking all day and getting into a car

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 07:13 Thu 3/6/2014

You’re smart. I have a 6AM departure out of BOS on Sunday. So I’m going to leave the best western around midnight, drop off a friend and then get on a flight to SFO.

jamesewelch
beers 259 º places 19 º 11:15 Thu 3/6/2014

Originally posted by dogfish120love

Thanks, but I don’t want to risk drinking all day and getting into a car

Did you check for rooms at the Stagecoach?