RateBeer

New IL Brewery Updates Thread

read 6819 times • 74 replies •

Thread Frozen
 
beergurujr
beers 2 º 17:28 Fri 1/13/2012

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by DrnkMcDermott
Chitownontap has an even bigger list, including some nanos, small-batch custom brewers, and others that may be barely out of the talking stage or just passing homebrews around at Brew-Ha-Ha.

"Misfit Craft Brewery is hoping to occupy space in an old firehouse in Oswego.

Spiteful Brewing is going the nano route on a Sabco system in their new Ravenswood space.

Off Key Brewing was greeted enthusiastically by the Oak Park municipal government for its nanobrewery plans, but is apparently on hold.

Low Dive Brewing is a collective of four homebrewing buddies who have been showing off their brews around town.

New Oberpfalz Brewing is planning to brew classic European styles in northwest Indiana.

Une Année is currently scouting for a location and plans to brew seasonal Belgian and French styles.

Powell Brew House apparently has a space at Milwaukee and Western and will brew a batch of beer for your event or collaborate on a brew with you.

Oval Brewing has worked out preliminary label designs and brewed batches of sports-themed beers on an impressive digital-control pilot system they built themselves. The plan here seems to be nanobrewery as well.

Corazon Brewing is a Latin-themed homebrew collective. They haven’t said much about their plans.

Big Dick Brewery puts dildos on their tap handles at events. No joke. Their name is a good indicator of how seriously they take their self-promotion efforts. Don’t expect this one to come to fruition anytime soon.

4 Paws Brewing is aiming for 2013."



Off Key was going to be a brewery but it’s indefinitely not going to happen. Brian, who’s in my homebrew club, has had some setbacks and has opted not to go the brewery route. I will say, though, that he brew a ton of beer (has a 55 gallon system), most of which is pretty fantastic stuff.

One other brewery coming up that I’m aware of in the next 24mths or so is Gullster Brewing (though the name may change?). The proprietor is finishing up his brewing school learning with a stint at Metropolitan for his internship.


where’s gullster planning on hanging it’s shingle?

 
DrnkMcDermott
beers 2911 º places 89 º 13:51 Sat 1/14/2012

Did this list cover Flatlander’s announcement they’ll be moving brewing operations to Mundelein, and putting a new restaurant in Vernon Hills?
Does Village Vintner need separate winemaking and brewing licenses?

 
NobleSquirrel
beers 3438 º places 209 º 07:34 Wed 1/18/2012

Originally posted by beergurujr
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by DrnkMcDermott
Chitownontap has an even bigger list, including some nanos, small-batch custom brewers, and others that may be barely out of the talking stage or just passing homebrews around at Brew-Ha-Ha.

"Misfit Craft Brewery is hoping to occupy space in an old firehouse in Oswego.

Spiteful Brewing is going the nano route on a Sabco system in their new Ravenswood space.

Off Key Brewing was greeted enthusiastically by the Oak Park municipal government for its nanobrewery plans, but is apparently on hold.

Low Dive Brewing is a collective of four homebrewing buddies who have been showing off their brews around town.

New Oberpfalz Brewing is planning to brew classic European styles in northwest Indiana.

Une Année is currently scouting for a location and plans to brew seasonal Belgian and French styles.

Powell Brew House apparently has a space at Milwaukee and Western and will brew a batch of beer for your event or collaborate on a brew with you.

Oval Brewing has worked out preliminary label designs and brewed batches of sports-themed beers on an impressive digital-control pilot system they built themselves. The plan here seems to be nanobrewery as well.

Corazon Brewing is a Latin-themed homebrew collective. They haven’t said much about their plans.

Big Dick Brewery puts dildos on their tap handles at events. No joke. Their name is a good indicator of how seriously they take their self-promotion efforts. Don’t expect this one to come to fruition anytime soon.

4 Paws Brewing is aiming for 2013."



Off Key was going to be a brewery but it’s indefinitely not going to happen. Brian, who’s in my homebrew club, has had some setbacks and has opted not to go the brewery route. I will say, though, that he brew a ton of beer (has a 55 gallon system), most of which is pretty fantastic stuff.

One other brewery coming up that I’m aware of in the next 24mths or so is Gullster Brewing (though the name may change?). The proprietor is finishing up his brewing school learning with a stint at Metropolitan for his internship.


where’s gullster planning on hanging it’s shingle?


Unknown at this point, in the city, near Lincoln Square as far as I know, though.

 
beergurujr
beers 2 º 07:43 Wed 1/18/2012

Originally posted by DrnkMcDermott
Did this list cover Flatlander’s announcement they’ll be moving brewing operations to Mundelein, and putting a new restaurant in Vernon Hills?
Does Village Vintner need separate winemaking and brewing licenses?


yes, one needs a separate license for each type of drink.

 
beergurujr
beers 2 º 09:47 Tue 1/24/2012

Rumblings about a nano way way out in Rockford? Did I get that correct?

 
beergurujr
beers 2 º 10:17 Tue 1/24/2012

Originally posted by beergurujr
Rumblings about a nano way way out in Rockford? Did I get that correct?


My bad- not Rockford, but Yorkville. Three Angels Brewing.

Though I think I actually did just hear about a new brewery/brewpub coming to Rockford.... any details?

 
TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 08:57 Wed 1/25/2012

Credit NobleSquirrel with the info, but he mentioned Maria’s might be looking into a small brewing operation??

 
TheAlum
premium
beers 6373 º places 10 º 09:14 Wed 1/25/2012

Originally posted by beergurujr
Originally posted by beergurujr
Rumblings about a nano way way out in Rockford? Did I get that correct?


My bad- not Rockford, but Yorkville. Three Angels Brewing.

Though I think I actually did just hear about a new brewery/brewpub coming to Rockford.... any details?


TheGuy mentioned the this brewery earlier, though it’s not actually in Rockford.. but it is the Rockford area:

http://www.pigmindsbrewing.com/

Unless you speak of another one..

 
Headbanger
beers 3541 º places 85 º 14:38 Sat 1/28/2012
 
NobleSquirrel
beers 3438 º places 209 º 12:21 Tue 2/7/2012

Pretty cool CAD video for the new Rev plant. Looks huge!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ7x4FkFl2E