RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Chicago | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

New IL Brewery Updates Thread

read 6493 times • 74 replies • posted 12/16/2011 8:04:58 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

DROOO
Originally posted by TheAlum
Clamp and Gasket has started their Kickstarter effort..

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1719619463/the-clamp-and-gasket-0?ref=recently_launched

I love Bryan.. a great friend.. but that is a very ambitious timespan to fill that goal.

interesting model. am i reading things correctly? their looking to open shop in beverly ILL?
6/26/2012 8:11:56 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
NobleSquirrel 3437:209
Originally posted by DROOO

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1719619463/the-clamp-and-gasket-0?ref=recently_launched

I love Bryan.. a great friend.. but that is a very ambitious timespan to fill that goal.

interesting model. am i reading things correctly? their looking to open shop in beverly ILL?

Yeah, thatís where Bryan lives. I agree with Adam, thatís a very aggressive time frame. Iím guessing that he already has some people that are throwing in a good chunk of dough that may cap the kickstarter out. Iím pretty excited to see this project come to life, personally.
6/26/2012 8:19:01 AM

DROOO
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
Originally posted by DROOO

Yeah, thatís where Bryan lives. I agree with Adam, thatís a very aggressive time frame. Iím guessing that he already has some people that are throwing in a good chunk of dough that may cap the kickstarter out. Iím pretty excited to see this project come to life, personally.

i didnít know where beverly was at first, and my initial search brought up a town west of springfield near the ILL / missouri border.

now i see beverly on the south side. only one cup of coffee today so far.
6/26/2012 8:28:39 AM

DrnkMcDermott 2776:88
Originally posted by beergurujrWe have a bunch just opened or opening in the íburbs as well, most of them strictly keg-only (some not all will be brew pubs). Mostly nanos. In fact, TWO are planned- a block apart from each other- way out in Oswego. Not sure how thatís going to work out. Also just heard of one opening in Itasca- a brewpub. No details.

I think we all know of a few areas with brewpubs within a few blocks of each other, even across the street. Okay, so Kraftbrau across from Bellís Eccentric is gone, but there were three on adjacent blocks in Flagstaff AZ when I visited in 2001!

I think if one of a group of brewpubs in close proximity gets a good reputation, it brings beer tourism and tickers to the others as well. Grand Rapids has how many brewers again?

But it helps a lot to get that neighborhood. Clamp & Gasket will have the South Side Irish draw, and isnít it going to be near BavArt/Wild Blossom?
6/26/2012 10:29:51 PM

Home > Forums > Chicago

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers