New in the Area Part II

Reads 5617 • Replies 61 • Started Saturday, December 10, 2011 1:48:35 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Strykzone
beers 8457 º places 152 º 09:42 Mon 4/2/2012

Carlbock was still at ITAP on Saturday. There can’t be very much of it left.

seymour
beers 2594 º places 50 º 11:23 Mon 4/2/2012

I got the Schlafly Yakima Wheat at Cost Plus World Market. I liked it a lot, too. Low-key wheat beers are extremely common, but this is a uniquely nuanced one, in my opinion.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 12:51 Wed 5/30/2012

We need to keep this active, keep the information flowing.

Urban Chestnut: Looks like there’s two new ones that debuted at Maifest. I have to pop over and try them.

Tap Room: The Cherry Black Saison was still on last I checked. Pretty nice.

4 Hands: Speaking of Cherry Saisons, Prunus is on tap. Subtle cherry, just like Schlafly but unlike the Schlafly one, this is a more traditional farmhouse ale. They also have the new PiPA on, an APA brewed in collaboration with Pi Pizzeria.

2nd Shift: Unicorn Killer III is a new recipe, different enough from the first two batches to merit its own entry. Should have tried it at Bailey’s Range last week when I had the chance but opted for bourbon instead. Now I have to go get it there or The Bridge or wherever else it’s on.

The Civil Life: Should still have the new APA that debuted at their festival a couple weeks ago. Also have a really nice Milk Stout.

Perennial: Can’t really keep up with the one-off Thursday releases, but the Homefront IPA is on tap there and a few accounts around town. Bottles should hit this week, too.

Square One: East Kent Golding is the current single-hop IPA. Also have an Imperial Belgian IPA, Maibock, and something called "Swartzenweizen".

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 08:35 Tue 6/5/2012

Bottleworks: Zombie Booty Double IPA - really tasty, mellow, easy-drinking DIPA. Perfect for a summer night when you want a little more flavor than a lighter summer beer.

Bif
beers 3307 º places 143 º 03:25 Fri 6/8/2012

Ferguson Brewhouse: Willamette IPA- a mellow laid back offering, seems to fit the season.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 12:36 Thu 6/14/2012

Brewer IPA #3 hits Perennial tonight. I still have yet to try their new offerings.

UCBC has a lemon-lime lager (shandy?) on tap now. One of the bocks from Maifest is now gone, meaning I missed my first UCBC beer ever. Cue sad Charlie Brown music as I walk chin-down, crying.

2nd Shift has released Katy (5.4% with brett) and Ratsalad (new IPA) bottles. Already gone from TWCP- anyone seen them anywhere else? Ratsalad is supposed to be around every couple months or so. UKIII bottles are still around, and it’s on tap a couple places, hopefully.

4 Hands has Prussia Berliner Weiss on tap now, with 4 different syrups to try with it. That’d be a fun sampler (though I’m not sure if they’re doing it like that).

The Tap Room has Dortmunder back on. Not ’new’, but always nice in season.

Is anyone else having trouble keeping up with local releases? Good lord, it’s a new era here.

jandd1983
beers 7629 º places 418 º 18:10 Thu 6/14/2012

Keep ’em coming. Gives something to chase down. Thanks guys!

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 07:52 Mon 6/25/2012

UCBC is out of the lemon-lime lager, Perdedor, but it has a new smoked brown, Magpie. They also still have Bap, Oxnbrau and Hanse Bock, as well as what tastes like a new batch of the Bourbon Barrel Thrale’s (much improved). The single hop IPA from Heritage Fest is not there; not sure when/if it will reappear.

I’m going to try Prussia at 4 Hands today or tomorrow. Bottles are still at Randall’s, too, along with Pyrus and Prunus bottles.

Galaxy IPA is at The Tap Room; get it this week because they’re closing 7/1 for the week to do some repairs (new floors, removal of one pool table and jukebox to add more TVs and tables- Also might get new furniture in the main dining room).

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 10:46 Mon 6/25/2012

Originally posted by phaleslu
UCBC is out of the lemon-lime lager, Perdedor, but it has a new smoked brown, Magpie. They also still have Bap, Oxnbrau and Hanse Bock, as well as what tastes like a new batch of the Bourbon Barrel Thrale’s (much improved). The single hop IPA from Heritage Fest is not there; not sure when/if it will reappear.

The single hop should be on soon. On the menu it said "coming soon" or something to that effect. The waitress told me that they were just waiting for one of the other beers to run out to open up a tap.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 13:25 Mon 6/25/2012

Anyone been to Buffalo lately? I feel like it’s been a year for me. Anything new there?

How about Six Row? I went there a ton when they were new and I had just moved back, but now that the Grand bridge is out, it means I have to ride home on Vandeventer, which sucks. Grand reopens 7/14 so I might be coming back here more.