RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > St. Louis | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

New in the STL Area

read 7910 times • 114 replies • posted 5/9/2011 2:32:38 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12

premium
vyvvy 4080:25
Schlafly now has a Citrus Wit on at Bottleworks. Not sure if this is part of the Brewerís Choice series, but itís pretty darn good.

Peter - I finally was able to get a beer up on this thread before you. Yes!!
6/4/2011 6:37:07 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
phaleslu 6701:421
Originally posted by vyvvy
Schlafly now has a Citrus Wit on at Bottleworks. Not sure if this is part of the Brewerís Choice series, but itís pretty darn good.

Peter - I finally was able to get a beer up on this thread before you. Yes!!

Barely beat me. I just had it this afternoon.
6/4/2011 2:28:23 PM

premium
Square One has 4 new beers on: Summer Saison, New World Strong Ale: Double Blackened IPA, Oh Honey (Orange Blossom Wheat), and Honey Oatmeal Stout.

They also have 8 other things on tap, a nice variety of standards and seasonals. I should go to this place more often.
6/15/2011 8:55:46 PM

beastiefan2k 2499:177
Originally posted by phaleslu
Square One has 4 new beers on: Summer Saison, New World Strong Ale: Double Blackened IPA, Oh Honey (Orange Blossom Wheat), and Honey Oatmeal Stout.

The Stout was the best, imo.

I had the Saison on cask. What a horrible idea it is to cask a Saison.
6/15/2011 9:05:54 PM

premium
vyvvy 4080:25
Itís been forever since Iíve been to Square One. Maybe this will light a fire under me to go there soon.
6/16/2011 10:39:37 AM

beastiefan2k 2499:177
Originally posted by vyvvy
Itís been forever since Iíve been to Square One. Maybe this will light a fire under me to go there soon.

dinner at Square One, desert at Baileyís Chocolate bar.

I still need to stop into 33 wine bar but 5 taps does not seem interesting.
6/16/2011 10:50:01 AM

premium
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
I still need to stop into 33 wine bar but 5 taps does not seem interesting.

It took me too many months after I moved here to go in, but donít write it off. I think they actuall have 8 taps- maybe 7- and theyíre almost always interesting. Some stuff Iíve had there in the past few months:

Struise Black Damnation III - Black Mes
Struise Black Damnation IV - Coffee Club
Struise Ignis et Flamma
Ichtegems Grand Cru
Cantillon Saint Lamvinus
Cantillon Cuvee des Champions
Brewdog/Mikkeller I Hardcore You
Mikkeller/Revelation Cat Cream Ale

Amongst others. And some things theyíve had that Iíve passed for others have been really impressive. I missed Aecht Schlenkerla Fastenbier (the one that NEVER comes to the US) by 5 minutes a few weeks ago and caught them cleaning the line.

Iím not sure whatís on right now because their website is Horrible (yes, capital H) but the last tap list update on STLHops (5/27/11) was:

2nd Shift Art of Neurosis
Urban Chestnut Urbanator
Ommegang Gnommegang
North Coast Red Seal
DeGlazen-Torren Ondineke
Mikkeller 1000 IBU

Iíd pick 33 over Baileyís Chocolate Bar every time if it were up to me every time. Iíd recommend hitting all three, though.
6/16/2011 11:11:37 AM

gunhaver 1030:13
pretty sure iíll be at Urban Chestnut late tonight. 10-11ish. what do they got going on?
6/16/2011 11:14:10 AM

premium
Originally posted by gunhaver
pretty sure iíll be at Urban Chestnut late tonight. 10-11ish. what do they got going on?

Not sure what the next new beer from them is. If you check their list: http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/urban-chestnut-brewing-company/12496/

Theyíll have the majority of these things on right now. Last time I was in they had all but the Zucker Weisse and Harwood Myth, but ZW made an appearance at the festival this past weekend, so it might be back.

Let us know if they have something new on. Their website hasnít been updated in a while.
6/16/2011 11:35:49 AM

gunhaver 1030:13
Originally posted by phaleslu
Originally posted by gunhaver

Not sure what the next new beer from them is. If you check their list: http://www.ratebeer.com/brewers/urban-chestnut-brewing-company/12496/

Theyíll have the majority of these things on right now. Last time I was in they had all but the Zucker Weisse and Harwood Myth, but ZW made an appearance at the festival this past weekend, so it might be back.

Let us know if they have something new on. Their website hasnít been updated in a while.

yeah i figured the site hadnít been updated. looks like a pretty rad place, i love the idea of all the beers they got
6/16/2011 12:02:12 PM

Home > Forums > St. Louis

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers