New to Minneapolis

Reads 2387 • Replies 31 • Started Monday, August 3, 2015 2:16:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 14:16 Mon 8/3/2015

Hi Guys,

I just moved to Minneapolis from Virginia and thought I’d introduce myself to the MN Crew. I’m located in the North Loop and am pretty excited to check out the local scene!

Are there any upcoming bottle shares, tasting events, or meet-ups I could join in on? Also, if anyone’s ever in the area and down for a pint, let me know.

Cheers!

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 14:23 Mon 8/3/2015

Originally posted by jackl
Hi Guys,

I just moved to Minneapolis from Virginia and thought I’d introduce myself to the MN Crew. I’m located in the North Loop and am pretty excited to check out the local scene!

Are there any upcoming bottle shares, tasting events, or meet-ups I could join in on? Also, if anyone’s ever in the area and down for a pint, let me know.

Cheers!

Welcome to MN! There’s a pretty decent local crew here that seems to get people together every few months or so for tastings.

I also work downtown and only about 3 blocks from the edge of the North Loop. Perhaps we can get a bunch of people together at Haute Dish some night for their $10 beer and burger special.

CLevar
places 23 º 14:23 Mon 8/3/2015

Welcome!

I’m sure islay can give you the low down on places to check out. He’s kept a nice taproom thread updated here in the mn forum- check it out!

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 14:41 Mon 8/3/2015

Welcome. You’ll love the North Loop! I frequent it and am around a fair amount at the various taprooms.

Tastings are hit and miss with the crew. We try to do more but its tough, especially in the summer.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 14:42 Mon 8/3/2015

Welcome. North Loop is a good spot for many reasons, including proximity to the Northeast Minneapolis tap rooms.

For local beer, check out mnbeer.com and the mn craft brewers guild. Autumn brew review is coming in September and that is my favorite local festival but it sells out so look for tickets asap. There is a tasting in august, check the events page.

Your first must go places are Town Hall, Indeed, Fair State, and Dangerous Man. Go to Republic for a good tap list.

For bottles, Ale Jail, Heritage Liquor, Blue Max, Zipps, or South Lyndale Liquors. Surdyks is also a great all around store.

You can get New Glarus, Toppling Goliath, and Alesmith in Hudson, WI.

jackl
beers 8677 º places 740 º 20:17 Mon 8/3/2015

Thanks, everyone. Looks like I have plenty to sink my teeth into. I’ll definitely try to get to the share you’re having later this month.

BVery
beers 13631 º places 750 º 22:28 Mon 8/3/2015

jackl - welcome! The tasting is on Aug 22 at my place - it would be awesome if you could make it!

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:15 Tue 8/4/2015

Originally posted by adnielsen
Jackassl fucken rocks. See you next time I’m in Minnesota (maybe the Minnesota/Nebraska football game in October? Anyone else going to the game?)

I’ll be there.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:17 Tue 8/4/2015

I haven’t been to Dangerous Man in a couple months. Whats it like these days? Last time I went the menu was heavy on cream ales and other styles no one actually likes.

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 10:19 Tue 8/4/2015

Welcome! Most of the MN Ratebeer crew are pretty chill. One time Hoff chugged a CIB in under two minutes. He has never quite been the same.

Fair State Thursday’s? We should make this an official thing.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 10:27 Tue 8/4/2015

Originally posted by Bacterial
Welcome! Most of the MN Ratebeer crew are pretty chill. One time Hoff chugged a CIB in under two minutes. He has never quite been the same.

Fair State Thursday’s? We should make this an official thing.

Yeah, this is true. There is video evidence somewhere.

My favorite places to go right now are Town Hall and Fair State. I’m glad Fair State is doing well but doesn’t have the Dangerous Man like crowds that can make it unenjoyable.