Next Spoons Fest

Reads 13315 • Replies 223 • Started Wednesday, September 5, 2012 1:45:49 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

wheresthepath
beers 3441 º places 278 º 12:36 Sat 11/3/2012

Congrats Ian on another epic tour - having just got back from Disneyland Paris (nothing but Kronenburg, so soft drinks all week) I’m feeling very jealous!

Cheers

Anth

SilkTork
beers 7741 º places 111 º 15:13 Sat 11/3/2012

Originally posted by harrisoni
anyone seen the vale

Had it today. Lovely use of hops. Very drinkable.

Fin
beers 17268 º places 1653 º 15:17 Sat 11/3/2012

Well done Ian, great read, impressive feat. However staying in Kernel was good. We also got abo

imdownthepub
beers 26045 º places 2098 º 01:04 Sun 11/4/2012

Great stuff Ian, Wetherspoons should award you a medal. I find that a maximum of 2 in a day is enough for me.
Which were you favourite on the tour?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40465 º places 1239 º 10:22 Sun 11/4/2012

Nice one ian - wish i’d been around yesterday to follow your progress. Crown rivers at t5 came up trumps. New overeseas fest beer in the form of the steen brugge plus possibly the one i enjoyed most the mordue - lubelski. Drank ba295 out of london pride, not that hard tbh!

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 14:17 Sun 11/4/2012

Originally posted by imdownthepub

Best atmosphere was the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street Station with a load of Tottenham and West Ham supporters pre-matches.

Best pub was the Knights Templar on Chancery Lane/Carey Street.

What was so surprising was the fact that they were all either empty or full. Crosse Keys, Sir John Oldcastle, Penderel’s Oak, Metropolitan were empty, Shakespeares Head, Liberty Bounds, Montagu Pike, one at Marble Arch were all packed

imdownthepub
beers 26045 º places 2098 º 00:29 Mon 11/5/2012

Originally posted by imdownthepub

Best atmosphere was the Hamilton Hall at Liverpool Street Station with a load of Tottenham and West Ham supporters pre-matches.

Best pub was the Knights Templar on Chancery Lane/Carey Street.

What was so surprising was the fact that they were all either empty or full. Crosse Keys, Sir John Oldcastle, Penderel’s Oak, Metropolitan were empty, Shakespeares Head, Liberty Bounds, Montagu Pike, one at Marble Arch were all packed

I noticed that both the Spoons that I went into in Bridgnorth and Wolverhampton were relatively empty too, mind you it was still a battle to get served.
I have developed a new pet dislike recently where groups of Japanese and Chinese tourists gather at a bar and each pay for their own drink individually, often with a card. They should learn the benefits that a kitty brings, do they not trust each other?

madmitch76
beers 36915 º places 240 º 01:26 Mon 11/5/2012

Drives me mad in all purchase situations. Should be a £15 minimum for a card. I have to really bite my tongue sometimes. Girls are the worst - £2.99 sarnie and a packet of crisps and out comes the plastic. Grrrr

evilempire
beers 162 º places 110 º 04:39 Mon 11/5/2012

Originally posted by SilkTork
anyone seen the vale

I found it last night... except it wasn’t brewed by Vale, but by McSpoons favourite brewery, ’Available Soon’. Grrr.

cgarvieuk
beers 37619 º places 457 º 04:44 Mon 11/5/2012

Originally posted by evilempire
Originally posted by SilkTork
anyone seen the vale

I found it last night... except it wasn’t brewed by Vale, but by McSpoons favourite brewery, ’Available Soon’. Grrr.

at least your spoons use that, mine only use it half the time.

Im totally fed up or ordering 3 thirds to find 1 if not 2 are NOT on