No pictures of Florida beers in the database

Reads 2409 • Replies 56 • Started Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:57:53 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

CanIHave4Beers
beers 4373 º places 76 º 07:35 Thu 2/14/2013

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
I don’t really like when the beers picture is a growler or a pint glass of beer, but that’s just me...

How about when it’s a picture of a chesty lady chugging a 40oz?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:37 Thu 2/14/2013

Originally posted by GT2
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-leon/184783/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-cubano-imperial-sweet-stout/141383/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-imperial-sweet-stout--cognac-barrel-aged/188057/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-moat-water/190400/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/cigar-city-campeador--greaves/154824/
7venth Sun has one picture uploaded
Very few for the others.

I’m just sayin’

Florida raters are busy. No time for commercial descriptions, image uploads, listing the correct style or even the correct commercial names of beers. Quit picking on us. Just be grateful we’re even members here.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 07:40 Thu 2/14/2013

Actually, pin an admin post to the main page of the forums with the correct procedure for uploading an image and the number of pics would probably increase a great deal. The procedure by which we are to upload images is fuzzy for me since it’s been changed at least twice over the past twelve months or so.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:45 Thu 2/14/2013

Originally posted by erickok
Originally posted by markwise
Gt, that is an interesting point. I try to upload as many of those pics as possible- is there an easier way than emailing photos@ratebeer.com?

Use the ’add beer’ link on a beer’s page.

I might have a photo of Cigar City Leon still. That was quite a memorable beer!

I don’t EVEN know what you are referring to here. Seriously, what link on what beer’s page?

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 09:48 Thu 2/14/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
Gt, that is an interesting point. I try to upload as many of those pics as possible- is there an easier way than emailing photos@ratebeer.com?

I don’t EVEN know what you are referring to here. Seriously, what link on what beer’s page?

Wait. You talking about the "add pic" tab? If so, cool. Never noticed it. I missed the meeting and never got around to picking up the hand-out.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 09:50 Thu 2/14/2013

Wait. You talking about the "add pic" tab? If so, cool. Never noticed it. I missed the meeting and never got around to picking up the hand-out.

Well if this link is really working again, I have about 50 pictures I need to upload. Perhaps even a Moat Water.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 09:51 Thu 2/14/2013

Doesn’t Cigar City brew dozens of variants every day? that would be tough to keep up and still get your ticks in.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 09:51 Thu 2/14/2013

Originally posted by puzzl
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
ahh thats USER faults.

If there was a better interface for adding pictures, we’d see a whole lot more pictures. I’ve been touting a per-beer gallery feature for many years, where users can easily upload pictures of a specific beer and not have to have everything run through a slow, sometimes non-existent approval process. Each beer will now have multiple pictures associated with it in a new gallery that don’t have to have the stringent guidelines of current premier pics. We can have tap handles, pints, people drinking it at a festival, bottlecaps, artsy shots, etc.

If abuse is a concern, simply add in a report button for each picture that will put the photo in the admin queue for approval or deletion. Easy as that.

Couple this with an API for app developers to use so they can upload versions straight from their phone without having to jump through hoops like in the current verson—I’m talking on Android take photo -> universal share button -> Ratebeer -> search beer name -> pick beer -> done—and we’ll end up with tens or even hundreds of pictures per beer. It will be more interesting, it will be more interactive, it will be fun for users, and it will provide more data to the site. And it won’t be an admin nightmare, as JoeT is about to say, because admins don’t have to do anything but clear the reported queue, which is a trivial action and will likely be quite short.

See, this is an awesome idea because beer labels change over time. It would be nice to have the already supported Flickr gallery just scroll through pictures on the beer’s page if there is more than one. Not sure if this will make the site run slowly though.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 10:12 Thu 2/14/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage
Doesn’t Cigar City brew dozens of variants every day? that would be tough to keep up and still get your ticks in.

They brew a lot, but a lot of those beers and blends aren’t bottled or even growlered, so there would only be a pic of a pint or snifter.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 10:13 Thu 2/14/2013

Originally posted by randomgarbage

They brew a lot, but a lot of those beers and blends aren’t bottled or even growlered, so there would only be a pic of a pint or snifter.

Add a chesty lady and I see no problem with that.