No pictures of Florida beers in the database

Reads 2410 • Replies 56 • Started Wednesday, February 13, 2013 10:57:53 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 08:17 Fri 2/15/2013

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by hopscotch
Originally posted by garthicus
I’ve been emailing photos@ratebeer.com for years with no issues whatsoever, the lads always stick them up pretty quick.

Same here, but I just uploaded a pick of Sun King Batch 333: The Velvet Fog from my Android using the add pic tab and it shot right through faster than you can say "QUICK."

Does the Android app’s add a picture function work now? Before I don’t think it did.

I didn’t try that. I just used my Android as a browser for the site.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 09:04 Fri 2/15/2013

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by garthicus
I’ve been emailing photos@ratebeer.com for years with no issues whatsoever, the lads always stick them up pretty quick.

Same here, but I just uploaded a pick of Sun King Batch 333: The Velvet Fog from my Android using the add pic tab and it shot right through faster than you can say "QUICK."

Does the Android app’s add a picture function work now? Before I don’t think it did.

I didn’t try that. I just used my Android as a browser for the site.

Oh, misread that. I uploaded some yesterday all via "add pic" on the beer page some with my Android and some with laptop. None are up so far.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 09:37 Fri 2/15/2013

Originally posted by erickok
I can’t really tell as all I do is send (POST) the image to the RateBeer servers and as long as that’s not giving an error... but maybe I should make the Android app just post directly to the same page as the ’add photo’ page does. A bit of a hack, but at least that would give me feedback. Oh RateBeer API.....

eric, we are hosting at amazon now -- have been for a year. I thought we shared the info but if not I can send you an update privately.

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 11:21 Fri 2/15/2013

Originally posted by GT2
It just bugs me when BA is doing something better than we are, and that is pictures.

Come on man, worse than a beer not having a picture is a beer not being on the database. I was often looking info for a beer or wanted to write a review and I had to add it first. And I am talking about lots of beers.
Here I have added only a couple and both times felt so rewarding, I was thinking "Oh cool, a beer that doesn’t exist here, great that I am the one to add it". On BA when it happens I am always "oh come on, another beer that doesn’t exist here."
Love both sites btw

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 11:22 Fri 2/15/2013

Originally posted by joet
Originally posted by erickok
I can’t really tell as all I do is send (POST) the image to the RateBeer servers and as long as that’s not giving an error... but maybe I should make the Android app just post directly to the same page as the ’add photo’ page does. A bit of a hack, but at least that would give me feedback. Oh RateBeer API.....

eric, we are hosting at amazon now -- have been for a year. I thought we shared the info but if not I can send you an update privately.

Sent you the API info. Let me know if you have any questions.

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 17:08 Mon 2/18/2013

So far random photos of the 60 or so I uploaded show, but need cropping and rotation.