Nottingham Beer Festival

Reads 2213 • Replies 56 • Started Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:18:15 AM CT

Thread Frozen
 
Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 03:23 Thu 10/4/2012

Originally posted by evilempire
itís a very good list. not sure if itís on website yet, itís on scoopgen, but due to character limit would need to break into about 20 parts to post here!


Ah, right then, off to scoopergen.

Erm...canít find anything there. ?

 
evilempire
beers 147 º places 64 º 03:43 Thu 10/4/2012

scoopgen, not scoopergen! on yahoogroups, need to register to get access (free though!)

 
Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 04:22 Thu 10/4/2012

Originally posted by evilempire
scoopgen, not scoopergen! on yahoogroups, need to register to get access (free though!)


Ah, that.

 
evilempire
beers 147 º places 64 º 04:38 Thu 10/4/2012

oh dear... there are thirty new BREWERIES for me there. so even in thirds Iím up to 10 pints in 4 hour visit...

 
harrisoni
beers 16596 º places 32 º 04:39 Thu 10/4/2012

Originally posted by evilempire
oh dear... there are thirty new BREWERIES for me there. so even in thirds Iím up to 10 pints in 4 hour visit...


Ticker......

 
evilempire
beers 147 º places 64 º 05:23 Thu 10/4/2012

nah, scooper...

 
Erlangernick
beers 1 º places 2 º 09:16 Thu 10/4/2012

Iím absolutely gobsmacked. Donít know how Iíll survive this. And now hurrying to plan our walks and non-beerfest stuff.

Iím such a tool for having put this off.

 
haddonsman
beers 1234 º places 56 º 12:48 Thu 10/4/2012

Just start with the premise that you canít drink everything but what you will drink will be great, in a venue thatís unique. Drink beer and carry on.

 
evilempire
beers 147 º places 64 º 02:33 Fri 10/5/2012

Originally posted by haddonsman
Just start with the premise that you canít drink everything


why not? 1,000 beers in íDanish pintsí should only take a few hours

 
chriso
beers 7513 º places 522 º 02:47 Fri 10/5/2012

Originally posted by Erlangernick
Iím absolutely gobsmacked. Donít know how Iíll survive this. And now hurrying to plan our walks and non-beerfest stuff.

A nice little walk is to follow the canal from the city centre to where it joins the Trent at Beeston Weir, call in at the Victoria & the Crown in Beeston (which are both excellent pubs with a wide beer range) and walk back into town via the University campus, which is very leafy and set in parkland. About 7-8 miles in total Iíd say.

Bummed I wonít be able to make it to Nottingham myself this year.