Oberon Day

Reads 4501 • Replies 71 • Started Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:23:46 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

stevencon
beers 525 º places 1 º 02:23 Tue 3/24/2015

Who else is excited to drink more Bell’s Oberon. It was just released in Michigan and it just drank a 2 month old bottle in Florida. Its spring and getting hot. Cheers to the classic American Wheat beer!

Haven’t had it in some time. Wasn’t even aware that it now comes in cans!

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 08:31 Tue 3/24/2015

Not me. Aside from the occasional new rate at the Eccentric Cafe when I’m home in Kalamazoo, I’m no longer supporting Bell’s. Their attack on Innovation Brewing is unjustified.

CLevar
places 23 º 08:59 Tue 3/24/2015

Beau, forgive me if I’m wrong, but you don’t strike me as the kind of beer drinker that was buying sixers of bells before their tiff with innovation brewing. I don’t think they are going to worry about losing a customer they didn’t have.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 09:04 Tue 3/24/2015

Picking up a few cases of cans for the haus today for sure! They doing five liters this year? Love tubing down the river with a 5L of Oberon.

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 10:45 Tue 3/24/2015

Originally posted by CLevar
Beau, forgive me if I’m wrong, but you don’t strike me as the kind of beer drinker that was buying sixers of bells before their tiff with innovation brewing. I don’t think they are going to worry about losing a customer they didn’t have.

You’re right; I’ve filled my kegerator with barrels dozens of times over the years though.

CLevar
places 23 º 10:52 Tue 3/24/2015

Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by CLevar

You’re right; I’ve filled my kegerator with barrels dozens of times over the years though.

Very cool! I’ve never known a brewery to use full barrel kegs. You must be a super valued customer if they have them custom built just for you, and I’m sure that your decision not to support them this year will be the push they need to drop their petty dispute with Innovation Brewing.

b3shine
beers 12183 º places 372 º 10:57 Tue 3/24/2015

I didn’t say anything about full barrels, and I don’t know why you’d assume that, as I’m not aware of anywhere that sells full barrels for retail, or any retail kegerators that hold them. Keep being a dick though; I really care what you think.

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 11:00 Tue 3/24/2015

What price points are people seeing? Remember the cans getting down to $5.99 last year, see $6.99-$7.99 this round.

CLevar
places 23 º 11:15 Tue 3/24/2015

Originally posted by b3shine
I didn’t say anything about full barrels, and I don’t know why you’d assume that, as I’m not aware of anywhere that sells full barrels for retail, or any retail kegerators that hold them. Keep being a dick though; I really care what you think.

When you said a barrel, I assumed you meant a barrel. Not a half barrel keg, or a 1/6th barrel keg, or some other common vessel of beer often used to fill a kegerator with draft beer. I thought you had some awesome line on beer at the Eccentric Cafe, as one might assume by looking at all of your rates of Bells. (119? Wow!) I’m sorry if that was incorrect.

I would love to be able to buy a barrel of Third Coast Old Ale though, preferably as a sixer of sixtels. Though if you do have a line on a 1bbl keg from your friends at the Eccentric Cafe I’d love a phone number or something that I could call. Would be a pretty fun thing to have!

CLevar
places 23 º 11:29 Tue 3/24/2015

But to answer the question, I’ll likely drink a bottle or two of Oberon this year. It’s not my favorite, but it seems to end up at many of the gatherings this time of year.