Official Secret Santa Summer 2014 Sign up

Reads 9721 • Replies 103 • Started Friday, June 27, 2014 2:41:35 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

SecretSanta
14:41 Fri 6/27/2014

Ho ho ho!

Boys and girls, I am sorry for the delays this year. Santa has been working extra hard and so have the elves.

As far as Santa knows, everything is wrapped up from the Winter Secret Santa except one person, and Santa has been in touch already...Please let me know if there is anyone else...As far as the Summer 2014...

Here are The Rules to participate:

1) Eligibility: You must have at least five successful trades on ratebeer.com recorded in your profile. Successful trade history from other beer social websites does not count. If you have been naughty and have any history of bad trading feedback, your application will be rejected. Since the ability to search a users ratings is for Premium members only, you must be premium to participate.

2) Criteria: This year the pairings will NOT be done based on wants and haves. Santa doesn’t like greedy children or boasting children. You will be listing your favorite styles for your Secret Santa. Please be reasonable and do not list Lambic, Fruit Lambic, Sour Ale, Sour Red/Brown, and Imperial Stout. Keep in mind, many styles may not be available to your Santa. Other helpful things, such as unrated beers, unrated states, unrated breweries, etc. will help aid your Santa in getting you the best beer. You and your Santa are expected to know availability of beer based on www.seekabrew.com. Please check before sending. If you’re really unsure, ask questions in the public forums, plenty of knowledgeable people will be happy to help!

3) Expectations: You and your Santa have some pretty big shoes to fill. So let’s be direct up front. You will be expected to ship by the deadline. If you do not send Santa a tracking number by the deadline, you will get neutral feedback. If you fail to send at all, you will get negative feedback. If you send and your box is broken, damaged, or confiscated, you will be expected to provide replacement beers. You responsibility ends when the box is delivered in one piece and is safe and sound. For this reason, participants may want to have their boxes held for pickup rather than left at the door. This mainly applies to participants in Michigan. Also, do not send beer that may have been stored in your cellar beyond its freshness date. Cellared high alcohol beers and aged bottle conditioned beers are acceptable, but please no infected beers or old IPAs. If you send stale beer or beer available in your targets area (unless specifically requested), Santa may leave you neutral feedback.

There will be three types of trades: 1) Ship Locally $30; 2) Ship Locally $55; 3) Ship Internationally $55. Most participants will package beers higher than the trade price.

This years sign-up is below. If you need anything, please message Santa or post in the forum to get help from the others as I will be very busy making a list and checking it twice.

SecretSanta
14:42 Fri 6/27/2014

It will be first come first serve on the Europe-US international as those are tougher for Santa because his reindeer wont be carrying packages that far! If we have an uneven number I will ask for some generous souls to join on whatever side of the ocean we are short on to make sure everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Sign-up will go from today, 06/27/2014-07/06/2014 12:00pm EST. Pairings should be announced a few days after sign-up closes. You will be expected to ship by Monday August 4.

Click Here to participate.

After all pairing has been sent out I will post a LINK that will allow you to:
1) Send a message to your recipient or Secret Santa
2) Notify me and your recipient the shipping tracking number.

Questions or comments on the sign-up procedure can be BMed, but Santa is a busy man so please be patient.

Refreshingly Yours
Santa

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 14:44 Fri 6/27/2014

Woo Hoo! I’m not missing out this time!!!!

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 18:27 Fri 6/27/2014

Awesome! Very excited

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 18:31 Fri 6/27/2014

In!

Poor man’s division.

dtjager
18:45 Fri 6/27/2014

I’m in for group 2. Feel free to move me to group 1 if needed but I’m not yet up for international. Thanks or organizing.

_angst_
beers 5019 º places 97 º 19:03 Fri 6/27/2014

In! Keeping my fingers crossed even more people will go international this time. It’s a blast and well worth it :)

bytemesis
beers 15314 º places 1595 º 19:22 Fri 6/27/2014

In like flynn :)

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 19:54 Fri 6/27/2014

Originally posted by _angst_
In! Keeping my fingers crossed even more people will go international this time. It’s a blast and well worth it :)

I’m considering international. Never done it and may chicken out. But definitely want in. Bummed I didn’t do winter.

blomster
beers 294 º places 7 º 20:19 Fri 6/27/2014

Originally posted by Homer321

I’m considering international. Never done it and may chicken out. But definitely want in. Bummed I didn’t do winter.

Do it!

bytemesis
beers 15314 º places 1595 º 20:21 Fri 6/27/2014

Originally posted by blomster
Originally posted by Homer321

Do it!

+1. Sure it rapes your wallet, but it is hella fun!

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer