RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Homebrew | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Open fermentation ruined, taste = awful

read 654 times • 5 replies • posted 1/16/2013 2:45:12 AM

Thread Frozen

TourDeBeer 118:
Testing the final gravity of my sierra nevada seemed fine, then by force of habit I taste testing the beer itself at current status. IT tasted awful!! The worst I had made out of 30 batches. I knew what a bad bad tasted like but this was totally off the charts.

Emptied the beer into the bath regretting every litre. (Didnít I sanitise properly?, did it over heat?, did I forget something to add?)

Then in the corner of my eye, I notice the bath wonít drain, I reach in and pull out a tissue ??? a hair lacky and a apple sticker.......

My three year old daughter thought sheís have a go at daddies home brew and altered it.

Has anyone else had this ???
What a little rug rat!!!

I went straight to the brew shop and purchased a screw lid fermentation/bubble system ...

LOL
Private message Send the author a private message

502Che 999:47
Heh, nice. Tissue aged
1/16/2013 3:15:23 AM

Private message send the author a private message

HornyDevil
Wow . . . thatís funny, but sucks something awful. My daughter (now almost 8) when younger was curious as to what I was cooking in that big pot, but never cared any more than that. I guess I should count my blessings, ehh?
1/16/2013 4:07:14 AM

premium
cgarvieuk 14957:150
yeah most open fermented beers taste bad :-)
1/16/2013 4:59:56 AM

Quasimodo 217:
You should have let it age into a sour.
1/16/2013 6:58:43 AM

robrules 1
Thanks for the chuckle. I have a four year old girl and one year old boy and although they have destroyed many things and peed all over the couch, they have yet to touch my homebrew stuff. I donít think I have anything to worry about with the girl, but I know I am going to have to issues with the boy. For now, I installed a child gate so he canít get into the area but that will only last until heís big enough to climb over it. Tap and fridge lock purchases will be made pretty soon.
1/21/2013 9:24:46 AM

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add