Paradise All-American IPA

Reads 460 • Replies 1 • Started Thursday, February 12, 2015 9:10:48 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

phaleslu
admin
beers 16529 º places 792 º 09:10 Thu 2/12/2015

Drjohnrock brought to my attention that Paradise might be having this one contract brewed at Bad Tom Smith. The bartender there said as much but we’re trying to get brewer confirmation. Can anyone confirm?

I haven’t been to Paradise yet, and haven’t been to Bad Tom in quite a while. If anyone pops by either place, try to find out if this is the case.

It wouldn’t surprise me, given that this is the only Paradise beer that’s gotten local distribution and seems to have been done on a larger scale than the rest of their stuff.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16529 º places 792 º 09:07 Wed 6/3/2015

For those curious, I’m going to remove the contract brewing setup for All-American IPA and Red Headed Stepchild. AAIPA will be moved permanently to Bad Tom and RHS will be moved permanently to Paradise. I commented on a blog post about the new management and ownership at Bad Tom asking about the future of these beers, and this was the response from John Vojtush, one of the new owners:

"Good evening Peter, Thank you for reaching out to understand our recipes moving forward. Jeff [Graff, from Paradise] is bringing both his expertise and some of his recipes to Bad Tom Smith Brewing. I dont believe some of our past recipes met the standards that are required to not only satisfy our customers but the requirements of the respective beer styles.

Jeff will be bringing his All American IPA into Bad Tom. It will be branded simply as All American IPA. The Red Headed Stepchild will remain under the Paradise brand. It has been poured on the Bad Tom Smith Brewing taps, and should be better marked as a Paradise beer.

I will reach out to you on RateBeer to clarify all of our recipes and beers we are producing in 2015. Look forward to speaking. Take care."