Pêche de Résistance

Reads 1435 • Replies 15 • Started Monday, February 2, 2015 9:09:27 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

blipp
beers 14840 º places 219 º 07:46 Tue 2/3/2015

See: http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/i-will-never-again-drink-a-budwieser_270655_1.htm

Bud ran a commercial during the Super Bowl that poked fun at craft beer drinkers. They used a "Pumpkin Peach Ale" as an example of peak craft beer absurdity.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 07:56 Tue 2/3/2015

Speaking of pecans, I really need to do a pecan beer at some point now that I live in GA. I’m thinking candied pecan brown ale or stout.

HornyDevil
09:09 Tue 2/3/2015

Originally posted by blipp
See: http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/i-will-never-again-drink-a-budwieser_270655_1.htm

Bud ran a commercial during the Super Bowl that poked fun at craft beer drinkers. They used a "Pumpkin Peach Ale" as an example of peak craft beer absurdity.

Must’ve missed that one or just chose to ignore it.

In watching it, I had to laugh. Reminded me of a political ad or some "PSA" from the petroleum industry saying that fracking is safe. Those guys must be losing a whole hell of a lot of money to think that they have to address craft beer in such a way.

Wonder how many non-craft beer drinkers saw that and said to themselves, "Mmm . . . pumpkin and peach beer sounds pretty tasty! I wonder if anyone makes one?"

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 10:00 Tue 2/3/2015

Originally posted by HornyDevil

Maybe I’m missing something, but what’s the reason that you’re wanting to brew this?
Bud ad, Elysian sale.
Other than that, my only insights would be:

1) Substitute sweet potato for the pumpkin
Not a bad idea but not authentic
2) Use apricot puree instead of peach
Also not a bad idea but not authentic
3) Screw the Karo as all it represents is a little extra fermentables. It’s a very small amount and you don’t need it unless, like Elysian, your trying to be novel.
I thought the same thing on the contribution to the ferment, but I’ll probably increase it rather than decrease, because it adds a bit of vanilla and salt. Or I could just add those instead.
4) Use pecan flour/meal NOT grated pecans and add it to the mash
Easy enough to toss the pecans into the Vitamix and run it for a while, but what would taking them out of the boil do to the flavor? I do realize that I would likely get a lot of head-killing oil in the boil.
5) More rice hulls isn’t a bad idea, either
Truth.

bitbucket
beers 2166 º places 63 º 10:03 Tue 2/3/2015

Originally posted by drowland
Speaking of pecans, I really need to do a pecan beer at some point now that I live in GA. I’m thinking candied pecan brown ale or stout.

I’d probably go for a pecan porter. Maybe even a pecan Baltic porter instead of the stout.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer