Pelican Pub from Portland

Reads 1333 • Replies 17 • Started Tuesday, April 16, 2013 5:42:53 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 17:11 Sun 4/28/2013

BY the way there is a reasonably nice hotel just across the road from The Pelican..some rooms have hot tub/baths its very romantic.

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 17:14 Sun 4/28/2013

here Inn at Cape Kiwanda
http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/inn

i prefer roughing it in a tent but went here with the wife years ago..result 8 months later ..our daughter ( premature but really healthy 10 year old now)

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 00:41 Mon 4/29/2013

Originally posted by Reid
here Inn at Cape Kiwanda
http://www.yourlittlebeachtown.com/inn

i prefer roughing it in a tent but went here with the wife years ago..result 8 months later ..our daughter ( premature but really healthy 10 year old now)

Never stayed there, but did recommend it to a couple of beer tourists a year or two apart, who then loved the place. That was over a decade ago.

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 21:25 Sun 5/12/2013

Originally posted by DuffMan
Graham, we loved Pelican so much we went twice while we were there. Good food, amazing beers, and as my review of the place states, it is in the top-three breweries I’ve been to for beautiful location. There were no cars on the beach either time we went. We spent a half-day hiking the area, and there is a HUGE sand hill to climb that offers stunning views, about 200 yards from where the brewery sits. Not that this is a consideration for you, but they treated our kids very well also. Final tips: bring a good camera, and try to catch the sunset.

As for the rest of Oregon, you’ve been given some good advice. Having been on trips there twice now I think you’ve prioritized well. Just a word of warning: HotD closes much earlier than Cascade and Green Dragon pub, which are all close together, so hit HotD first.

Sweet! Thanks! Maybe we will make the drive.

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 21:34 Sun 5/12/2013

Originally posted by gramity
Graham, we loved Pelican so much we went twice while we were there. Good food, amazing beers, and as my review of the place states, it is in the top-three breweries I’ve been to for beautiful location. There were no cars on the beach either time we went. We spent a half-day hiking the area, and there is a HUGE sand hill to climb that offers stunning views, about 200 yards from where the brewery sits. Not that this is a consideration for you, but they treated our kids very well also. Final tips: bring a good camera, and try to catch the sunset.

As for the rest of Oregon, you’ve been given some good advice. Having been on trips there twice now I think you’ve prioritized well. Just a word of warning: HotD closes much earlier than Cascade and Green Dragon pub, which are all close together, so hit HotD first.

Please if you go to the Oregon Coast take a look around there is some amazing scenery..dont just stick to The Pelican which i refuse to enter since they built those atrocious condos right across the parking lot. Used to be a much better view.
Then Condos mean cash

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 07:40 Mon 5/13/2013

Please if you go to the Oregon Coast take a look around there is some amazing scenery..dont just stick to The Pelican which i refuse to enter since they built those atrocious condos right across the parking lot. Used to be a much better view.
Then Condos mean cash

?!? You mean these? Did the Pelican build those? Damn, those don’t belong there. The ones to the south were there before the Pelican AFAIK.

Reid
beers 3523 º places 95 º 14:33 Mon 5/13/2013

Originally posted by Erlangernick

Then Condos mean cash

?!? You mean these? Did the Pelican build those? Damn, those don’t belong there. The ones to the south were there before the Pelican AFAIK.

Yeah those the ones to the south do not interrupt a nice view.
I have heard the owners of Pelican were involved.