RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > UK & Ireland | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Pelt Trader

read 2898 times • 72 replies • posted 3/11/2013 6:59:14 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

premium
Theydon_Bois 8668:620
Originally posted by harrisoni
People in London complaining they have to travel 10 mins to get a decent beer, really, really, really pisses me off. Fuck, youíve never had it so good and still you complain your arses off. No sympathy about anything anymore with you guys.

Come live in Ashford. 30 beers in one bar? I reckon I can get you 10 cask ales in the whole of the centre of Ashford. Maybe 12 on a really good night and half of those are in Wetherspoons.

Just, I canít believe you guys for complaining I simply canít.

Hold oop Ian.

Is that guys or Ken ?

3/11/2013 1:07:17 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
harrisoni 13711:21
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Hold oop Ian.

Is that guys or Ken ?

I think itís been a build up for the last few months. Anyone who lives in or works in London or passes through on a twice or thrice weekly basis now has so much choice you canít fit it all in.

Imagine if you will you were from a foreign country and coming to London for the first time. How many days would you now have to set aside to get a decent round up of the pubs and breweries? 4 or 5 or 6? Even for a regular visitor, and you limited yourself to 4 beers per establishment, youíd still have a hard time doing it in less than a few days.

And yet people still find room to complain or point out limitations or find reasons not to be happy. Not to be happy in London drinking at the moment? Are people for real? I simply donít understand it. They should all be thanking their lucky stars.

Oh and of course, itís just pure jealousy.
3/11/2013 1:16:33 PM

premium
Take last Monday as a for instance.

You had 19 Thornbridge beers at Islington Craft and a Stone takeover at Euston Tap. On a Monday night.

6 years ago, you couldnít even imagine something like that happening. Now itís almost as though people are blase about it.

Cheer up you miserable bastards!!!!!
3/11/2013 1:19:20 PM

premium
Head of Steam, Market Porter, Wenlock - happy days !
3/11/2013 1:35:07 PM

premium
madmitch76 15073:137
The London scene is wonderfully vibrant but a Sq Mile bar is overdue in that context. Not apologising for being happy at the prospect of not using the Northern line. Itís very unpleasant in Rush hour when I mostly use it for beer travel. Thatís because I donít live in London btw.

Now Ian move your bed away from the window so the next time you get out of bed on the wrong side you donít end up in the trash below!
3/11/2013 2:32:46 PM

premium
I had a porter in the Market (no) Porter recently. So there!
3/11/2013 2:36:23 PM

premium
Originally posted by madmitch76
I had a porter in the Market (no) Porter recently. So there!

Reckon itís been 2 years since I last set foot in the Porter !

Thereís a vibrant scene in London now Ken - dont you know
3/11/2013 2:37:29 PM

premium
Beersiveknown 2979:71
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by harrisoni
People in London complaining they have to travel 10 mins to get a decent beer, really, really, really pisses me off. Fuck, youíve never had it so good and still you complain your arses off. No sympathy about anything anymore with you guys.

Come live in Ashford. 30 beers in one bar? I reckon I can get you 10 cask ales in the whole of the centre of Ashford. Maybe 12 on a really good night and half of those are in Wetherspoons.

Just, I canít believe you guys for complaining I simply canít.

Hold oop Ian.

Is that guys or Ken ?

Luxury...youíd be lucky to find more than 12 different cask ales in the whole of northern Ireland (outside spoons fests or Belfast beer fest)
3/11/2013 2:39:50 PM

premium
Originally posted by madmitch76
Now Ian move your bed away from the window so the next time you get out of bed on the wrong side you donít end up in the trash below!

I sleep in a hammock so tend to just fall out of it in an ungainly manner.
3/11/2013 2:48:56 PM

premium
When I were a lad I had to get up 2 hours before I finished drinking just to get back to the pub that was 38 miles away and downt an unmade road covered in snow in the height of summer. Then I had to brew me own beer like with cornflakes, water from the horse trough and stinging nettles I picked meself (no gloves) and it were all fermented with the farmers spit and he had halitosis.
3/11/2013 2:59:31 PM

Home > Forums > UK & Ireland

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers