RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Food and Beer | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Pickles. Pickles. There, I said it twice.

read 2419 times • 27 replies • posted 1/9/2013 8:37:33 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

premium
BMan1113VR 7867:379
Originally posted by SamGamgee
I swear I saw some bourbon pickles the other day but canít remember what or where.

Probably Brooklyn
1/12/2013 10:31:25 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
Tibeerious 1
Originally posted by thome50
I picked up some Brooklyn Brine Whiskey Sours the other day on a going out of business sale at Bruery Provisions. (Rye whiskey) Not much rye at all. Buttery and not that crisp.

More reason to make some more at home. Fairly easy so long as I donít decide to add green beans and chance botchalism. The more you know.

When you say not much rye...what flavor are you suggesting was lacking? In my experience rye is actually a very mild subtle flavor but most people think that rye tastes like caraway
1/13/2013 5:22:36 PM

beastiefan2k 2499:177
Originally posted by Cobra
Unfortunately, they donít sell Ba-tampte pickles in the DC area that I know of. I ainít driving 35 miles for a fricking jar of pickles, I donít care how good they are.

I love pickles, my grandfather makes his own, I make my own, and I grew up having pickles in the fridge at all times. I will agree that Ba-Tampte makes the best commercially jarred pickles made in the states that I have ever tried. I highly recommend the half sour pickles. If you like pickled tomatoes than they make good ones as well.

I would be surprised if they were not available somewhere in DC. I was able to buy them in Kansas City about 2 years ago. It seemed that there was just the one shipment that came in but I would think they may be available in some of the kosher delis in DC. They are available year round in the kosher delis in St. Louis.
1/13/2013 6:41:26 PM

premium
thome50 1064:24
Originally posted by Tibeerious
Originally posted by thome50
I picked up some Brooklyn Brine Whiskey Sours the other day on a going out of business sale at Bruery Provisions. (Rye whiskey) Not much rye at all. Buttery and not that crisp.

More reason to make some more at home. Fairly easy so long as I donít decide to add green beans and chance botchalism. The more you know.

When you say not much rye...what flavor are you suggesting was lacking? In my experience rye is actually a very mild subtle flavor but most people think that rye tastes like caraway

Pepper/spice. Slight floral aspects that I canít really explain.
1/13/2013 11:11:12 PM

MicroGrog 303:
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
I will agree that Ba-Tampte makes the best commercially jarred pickles made in the states that I have ever tried. I highly recommend the half sour pickles.

They make a solid grainy mustard as well.
1/14/2013 1:38:37 PM

premium
MacBoost 1356:23
1/14/2013 1:48:41 PM

DerWeg 1514:38
What I love about America. If you can eat it and itís good, probably sold here!
1/14/2013 6:29:34 PM

Home > Forums > Food and Beer

Page 1 | 2 | 3

Food, Beer Recipes

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback