RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Pictures added

read 852 times • 11 replies • posted 5/9/2013 5:07:38 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2

BelgBeerGeek 1299:34
Whatís up with all of these íbeer profile picturesí all of a suden ?

Like Dark Lord normally just had a very clear pic of a bottle all of a sudden itís a stupid glass with a lighter brown beer in it ...

Same goes for Breakfast Stout and Rochefort trappist ...
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
admin
Skyview 5269:
The photo upload link was activated during the first few months of 2013 for anyone to add images of beers ratebeer website was missing. Though this helped us receive images of new beers being released, at the same time many existing good quality images were replaced with poorer quality images or photo images not prepared correctly. Your admins are slowly locating and replacing many poor images with better quality images.

Three Floyds Dark Lord was temporarily fixed with a 2008 (black wax) bottle. It should display now. If not, clear out your web browser cache and the Schlitz schooner goblet will disappear. Weíre trying to locate a 2013 3F Dark Lord bottle with the new label design. Founders Breakfast Stout and Rochefort 10 will be fixed shortly. Though, this gives me a good excuse to restock my fridge with more Rochefort 10 again

As of today, any user on ratebeer can upload photo image of beers if the beer profile page has a "no image available" image. If anyone has a better quality image and would like ratebeer to replace it, please send the image to photos@ratebeer.com. Your photo admins will crop, rotate, fix, and prepare the file so that it will display correctly.
5/9/2013 6:04:52 PM

Private message send the author a private message

BelgBeerGeek 1299:34
ah ok thanks for the info ! :-)
5/9/2013 6:12:48 PM

premium
EithCubes 5089:238
Canít wait for the íadultí Easter eggs! ;)
5/9/2013 7:06:20 PM

premium
GT2 8742:613
Loving the dark lord picture
5/10/2013 6:10:50 AM

gnoff 7979:441
Originally posted by Skyview
As of today, any user on ratebeer can upload photo image of beers if the beer profile page has a "no image available" image.

Canít seem to find a place to add a picture, where am I supposed to look under the beerís page?

Currently looking at this one:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/minoh-pilsner/79212/
5/10/2013 7:30:28 AM

premium
hawthorne00 2549:43
This is why we canít have nice things.
5/10/2013 7:39:30 AM

premium
bytemesis 3514:411
Originally posted by gnoff
Canít seem to find a place to add a picture, where am I supposed to look under the beerís page?

Same problem here - I figured I was just dumb :)
I generally pull my photos into Photoshop and do a little cropping and level adjustment before uploading to help out as I can.
5/10/2013 8:33:54 AM

premium
Leighton 11874:641
Originally posted by bytemesis
Originally posted by gnoff

Same problem here - I figured I was just dumb :)
I generally pull my photos into Photoshop and do a little cropping and level adjustment before uploading to help out as I can.

Add me to the group of people who canít figure out how to add a picture. Is it possible?
5/10/2013 11:26:20 PM

Douberd 2610:71
I canít find any link to add pic either, even for beers that they donít have one, as it is supposed to be.
5/11/2013 6:40:29 AM

premium
Lukaduke 2374:62
I added a bunch a couple weeks ago under the brewery listing there was a category with an add pic... but now there is no place to add pic anywhere ???
5/15/2013 4:03:46 PM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers