RateBeer

Pictures added

read 952 times • 11 replies •

Thread Frozen

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1297 º places 34 º 17:07 Thu 5/9/2013

Whatís up with all of these íbeer profile picturesí all of a suden ?

Like Dark Lord normally just had a very clear pic of a bottle all of a sudden itís a stupid glass with a lighter brown beer in it ...

Same goes for Breakfast Stout and Rochefort trappist ...

Skyview
premium
admin
beers 5310 º 18:04 Thu 5/9/2013

The photo upload link was activated during the first few months of 2013 for anyone to add images of beers ratebeer website was missing. Though this helped us receive images of new beers being released, at the same time many existing good quality images were replaced with poorer quality images or photo images not prepared correctly. Your admins are slowly locating and replacing many poor images with better quality images.

Three Floyds Dark Lord was temporarily fixed with a 2008 (black wax) bottle. It should display now. If not, clear out your web browser cache and the Schlitz schooner goblet will disappear. Weíre trying to locate a 2013 3F Dark Lord bottle with the new label design. Founders Breakfast Stout and Rochefort 10 will be fixed shortly. Though, this gives me a good excuse to restock my fridge with more Rochefort 10 again

As of today, any user on ratebeer can upload photo image of beers if the beer profile page has a "no image available" image. If anyone has a better quality image and would like ratebeer to replace it, please send the image to photos@ratebeer.com. Your photo admins will crop, rotate, fix, and prepare the file so that it will display correctly.

BelgBeerGeek
beers 1297 º places 34 º 18:12 Thu 5/9/2013

ah ok thanks for the info ! :-)

EithCubes
premium
beers 5247 º places 242 º 19:06 Thu 5/9/2013

Canít wait for the íadultí Easter eggs! ;)

GT2
premium
beers 9410 º places 661 º 06:10 Fri 5/10/2013

Loving the dark lord picture

gnoff
premium
beers 8795 º places 539 º 07:30 Fri 5/10/2013

Originally posted by Skyview
As of today, any user on ratebeer can upload photo image of beers if the beer profile page has a "no image available" image.

Canít seem to find a place to add a picture, where am I supposed to look under the beerís page?

Currently looking at this one:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/minoh-pilsner/79212/

hawthorne00
premium
beers 2883 º places 43 º 07:39 Fri 5/10/2013

This is why we canít have nice things.

bytemesis
premium
beers 4750 º places 566 º 08:33 Fri 5/10/2013

Originally posted by gnoff
Canít seem to find a place to add a picture, where am I supposed to look under the beerís page?

Same problem here - I figured I was just dumb :)
I generally pull my photos into Photoshop and do a little cropping and level adjustment before uploading to help out as I can.

Leighton
premium
beers 14389 º places 727 º 23:26 Fri 5/10/2013

Originally posted by bytemesis
Originally posted by gnoff

Same problem here - I figured I was just dumb :)
I generally pull my photos into Photoshop and do a little cropping and level adjustment before uploading to help out as I can.

Add me to the group of people who canít figure out how to add a picture. Is it possible?

Douberd
premium
beers 3294 º places 77 º 06:40 Sat 5/11/2013

I canít find any link to add pic either, even for beers that they donít have one, as it is supposed to be.

Lukaduke
premium
beers 2724 º places 62 º 16:03 Wed 5/15/2013

I added a bunch a couple weeks ago under the brewery listing there was a category with an add pic... but now there is no place to add pic anywhere ???