RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Pilsner Urquell Kvasnicovż (Unfiltered)

read 1713 times • 28 replies • posted 11/14/2007 3:12:43 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3

Beerlando 3342:70
For anyone thatís had this, is it really as good as its rating indicates, or does its rarity, combined with the ambiance of the catacombs, inflate the score significantly?

Iím just wondering because its score is so far superior to the median Bohemian Pils, and a full .51 better than its closest rival on
this list.
Private message Send the author a private message

premium
JK 4615:296
That is a poor list and reflects how unexplored the Czech Republic really is in terms of beer rather than the best of the style.

I havnít had the unfiltered PU, but Iím sure it is excellent, and Iím sure the ambiance contributes to that. Of course it is a style of beer that is best fresh, and everyone who has the unfiltered version has it fresh so that is going to help the score.
11/14/2007 3:29:00 PM

Private message send the author a private message

Beershine 5218:779
It is delicious and like nothing else. The atmosphere isnít all that great either, at least in the big brewery called "Beer World." The barrel server was a grumpy curmudgeon when I was there too. Still Iíll never forget that cloudy orange hop elixir. They should all the shot for filtering and pasteurizing it!
11/14/2007 3:47:27 PM

premium
kmweaver 3207:116
Sort of related:

People should keep their eyes open for this, which is now being imported in kegs by B. United. I have no clue where it will be:

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/birrificio-italiano-tipopils/11493/

Awesome pilsener.
11/14/2007 4:01:27 PM

Odeed 1787:15
id love to see more pils/hefeís with nice full bodies and flavor.i hope it happens soon.
11/14/2007 9:18:49 PM

premium
MartinT 8135:521
Originally posted by JK
That is a poor list and reflects how unexplored the Czech Republic really is in terms of beer rather than the best of the style.

Quite a few Ratebeerians will be going to the CR next year (myself included), so we should see some improvement in our coverage of this countryís fine brewing culture.
11/14/2007 9:56:04 PM

premium
JK 4615:296
Originally posted by MartinT
Originally posted by JK

Quite a few Ratebeerians will be going to the CR next year (myself included), so we should see some improvement in our coverage of this countryís fine brewing culture.

I canít wait to go back. I only went to Prague and Kutna Hora but I loved it. The summer gathering is a long shot but I will have to look in to it.

11/15/2007 1:25:24 AM

cquiroga 371:11
Originally posted by kmweaver
Sort of related:

People should keep their eyes open for this, which is now being imported in kegs by B. United. I have no clue where it will be:

Awesome pilsener.

ISO:

Someone trade me a keg.
11/15/2007 1:29:34 AM

DonMagi 5596:50
Iv no doubt its one of the finest beers ever. However its probably one of the most under rated styles ever too just because its a lager.
11/15/2007 4:04:13 AM

premium
fiulijn 15360:604
Originally posted by kmweaver
Sort of related:

Awesome pilsener.

This is surprising for me!
I didnít know the BI was exporting to the US...

I enjoy this beer everytime I go back home to see my family (I used to live 15km from there); drinking it takes you back to the roots of German beer.
Youíll get your pleasure from sitting comfortably and drinking a beer with so much style, so nice Saaz hop character, so much harmony... rather than the powerful concoctions that we are all used to drink.

Look for it! and cheers!
Alex
11/15/2007 4:49:29 AM

Stonch 1:18
Originally posted by JK

I havnít had the unfiltered PU, but Iím sure it is excellent, and Iím sure the ambiance contributes to that. Of course it is a style of beer that is best fresh, and everyone who has the unfiltered version has it fresh so that is going to help the score.

Ambience? You get a small, white plastic cup and youíre standing in a freezing cold cellar!
11/15/2007 6:41:20 AM