Plans for Borefts 2013

Reads 1795 • Replies 50 • Started Thursday, June 13, 2013 2:57:13 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 14:11 Thu 6/13/2013

So I might buy a Any Station Brussels Eurostar ticket and then wait to find out how the Dutch trains are running.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40505 º places 1239 º 14:14 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni
So I might buy a Any Station Brussels Eurostar ticket and then wait to find out how the Dutch trains are running.

It’s the most flexible and best investment IMHO.
Will sort mine tomorrow.
End of the day guarantees you to Antwerp.
Antwerp to Bodegraven is E13.90 each way.
Cheapest Brussels to Bodegraven one way was E37 and the trains that were of any use were more like E40-60!

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 14:32 Thu 6/13/2013

Where are you buying your Antwerp to Bodegraven tickets from?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40505 º places 1239 º 14:38 Thu 6/13/2013

http://www.nshispeed.nl/en

Although it’s called ’NL highspeed’ it seems to cover all services.
I want to determine whether the E13.90 fare is in fact the best deal as an advance purchase or if you can rock up on the day to buy it at that cost?

Presuming an advance special but will do more digging. No big rush to nail this leg down.

btw - the Borefts weekend isnt open for booking yet so the E13.90 fare applies to the nearest Friday/Sunday to Borefts 6th/8th Sep.

Can’t see this changing for our weekend.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 15:30 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Benzai
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Im arriving Fri morn and out Sunday.

Im on my Own, so looking to share with someone Fri/Sat night.

Will you stay at Tulip Bodegraven again Cgraig? I’m on my own as well so looking for someone to share the room with. Also I’m only there on Friday and a couple of hours on Saturday.

Let me know if you want to share a room

Not sure Yet. Need to Hassle Jan, as i hope we will have a Sunday Breakfast Beer Tasting :-)

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 00:07 Fri 6/14/2013

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

I want to determine whether the E13.90 fare is in fact the best deal as an advance purchase or if you can rock up on the day to buy it at that cost?

Presuming an advance special but will do more digging. No big rush to nail this leg down.

btw - the Borefts weekend isnt open for booking yet so the E13.90 fare applies to the nearest Friday/Sunday to Borefts 6th/8th Sep.

Thanks Colin, will do the Eurostar bit today and wait for the NL bit. Will still be going out Friday back Sunday though.

Borresteijn
beers 11296 º places 404 º 00:26 Fri 6/14/2013

Originally posted by chriso
Originally posted by chriso
Originally posted by madmitch76
ChipKaart - thanks for the correction. Yeah I think I have about 35 Euros on mine. Guess I will have to check at the Airport if this is sufficient funds for a round trip.

Doubt that will be enough. I think we put 25 euros on and couldn’t go anywhere.

Also, have you used it on the trains before? If not, you have to go through some convoluted procedure to enable it for that purpose at a machine. We couldn’t work out what to do so we had to hunt down a member of staff to help us. Then the bloody thing wouldn’t work because there were insufficient funds on it.

I’ve just checked and the "boarding fee" is 20 euro so we must have had less than that. Perhaps we’d used some on trams and buses before trying to use it on the train. So unless you have at least 20 euro left on the card before starting your last train journey you’ll need to top it up. Plus, you have to find somewhere that you can top it up with cash because you can’t use non-Dutch cards. Since the card itself costs a non-refundable 7.50 you effectively lose out by 27.50 less whatever your last train journey costs unless you want to go through the hassle of getting a refund of the unused balance, for which an administration fee is charged.

Thanks for reminding us Dutch that the Chipkaart is a PITA and basically an almost incomprehensible monstrosity . As a foreigner, just use a chipcard for tram/buses etc. For the train you can buy online tickets here http://www.ns.nl/en/travellers/arrange-and-buy/tickets-and-passes/the-e-ticket. Order and print out yourself, at home. Useful if you know when and where to go.
Also, if you have a maestro or V Pay card you should be able to buy tickets at the vending machines. Good luck!

Borresteijn
beers 11296 º places 404 º 00:48 Fri 6/14/2013

This is indeed the cheapest fare. If you want to go today it’s almost double that price. Which is funny b/c Dutch train prices are fixed. Please keep in mind that on Saturday and Sunday of Borefts there are no intercity trains between Den Haag and Roosendaal.

Christian
beers 17296 º places 278 º 01:04 Fri 6/14/2013

Hotel in Bodegraven booked a month ago :)
See you all there!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40505 º places 1239 º 02:03 Fri 6/14/2013

Originally posted by Borresteijn

This is indeed the cheapest fare. If you want to go today it’s almost double that price. Which is funny b/c Dutch train prices are fixed. Please keep in mind that on Saturday and Sunday of Borefts there are no intercity trains between Den Haag and Roosendaal.

Thanks,

I’ll look to book via this site then.