RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Metros > Pacific Northwest | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Portland Area Keg Prices.

read 4233 times • 2 replies • posted 5/4/2009 8:23:29 PM

Thread Frozen

ndubs360 114:
I am having a large graduation party in june and i was wondering what keg prices were in the portland area? anyone know the average price for a good pale ale or ipa?
Private message Send the author a private message

leems 406:27
Originally posted by ndubs360
I am having a large graduation party in june and i was wondering what keg prices were in the portland area? anyone know the average price for a good pale ale or ipa?

Average? No, it varies too much. If you like Laurelwood beer I would go with their beer, by the keg it is the best deal. I think it is $120 for a half barrel but it’s been a while since I bought them. From Belmont Station and John’s Market they tend to be more $140-$160, but as I said it varies a lot on which brewery and which beer. Pick a few beers you like and call the brewery or a bottle shop that has kegs, that’s my advice.
5/6/2009 1:20:38 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Dubbercody 213:2
By far the cheapest I’ve found is to go through McMenamins...might be good for a grad party...worked for a friends wedding for me. Their beers worked well for the non-beer-nerd party.

From their site....
How much will a keg of McMenamins beer cost me?
A keg of McMenamins beer costs $85 (this is a seasonal discount from our normal $105 price). All kegs require a $50 refundable keg shell deposit. Tapping equipment requires a $100 deposit, $90 of which is refundable upon the tap’s return. McMenamins can only accept cash or credit cards for keg sales and deposits. Please note: keg shells and rental taps must be returned to the brewery of sale to receive a deposit refund. A sales receipt must also accompany the shell and tap to receive the refund. A refund check will be made payable only to the purchaser of the keg.

http://www.mcmenamins.com/index.php?loc=75&id=420
5/7/2009 1:21:25 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add