Portland trip

Reads 2410 • Replies 36 • Started Wednesday, April 9, 2014 11:01:52 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 11:01 Wed 4/9/2014

Hello all - I’m going to be vacationing in Portland in a few weeks, May 2nd-8th.

I’ve made a list of breweries and bars to make sure to check out that are probably the usual suspects (Hair of the Dog, Cascade, Upright, ect) and ones that will be near I’m staying in the SE area. Are there any under-the-radar or newer places I should be sure to visit?

Also, would love to meet up with RB folks when there. If any events are happening or if anyone is up for some sort of meet up, let me know.

Cheers,
John

Prufrockstar
beers 2132 º places 83 º 16:06 Wed 4/9/2014

If you’re interested in events, I believe Fred Fest is happening at HOTD on May 4th. If you’re up for a trip to tillamook, the de Garde anniversary on May 3rd looks pretty awesome (check their Facebook page for details).

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 04:08 Thu 4/10/2014

That de Garde does look pretty great. With the Side Project collaborations it would feel like part of me was still at home. It looks like this is pay per pour as opposed to a flat rate fest, is that correct?

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 08:39 Thu 4/10/2014

Originally posted by vyvvy
That de Garde does look pretty great. With the Side Project collaborations it would feel like part of me was still at home. It looks like this is pay per pour as opposed to a flat rate fest, is that correct?

I don’t ever recall there being a flat-rate fest in Orygun, in my time there anyway. Might not be legal.

douglas88
admin
beers 13192 º places 398 º 09:24 Thu 4/10/2014

Originally posted by vyvvy

Yup. Per pour it said. I’m planing on going.

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 22:02 Thu 4/10/2014

Hey John, I’ve lived in Oregon for over 20 years now, but grew up in Florissant. It would be fun to meet up with you while you are here. I don’t plan to go to the De Garde event or Fredfest but I can see why you might want to hit those. If you’d like to meet up for a beer, let me know what day/time would work best. I think you’ll like it out here. wanna trade pirrones pizza for some northwest beers? just kidding :) Cheers!

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 22:10 Thu 4/10/2014

Seriously, if there are any northwest beers you’d like to try, I’ll help if I am able

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 06:33 Fri 4/11/2014

Originally posted by hannont
Hey John, I’ve lived in Oregon for over 20 years now, but grew up in Florissant. It would be fun to meet up with you while you are here. I don’t plan to go to the De Garde event or Fredfest but I can see why you might want to hit those. If you’d like to meet up for a beer, let me know what day/time would work best. I think you’ll like it out here. wanna trade pirrones pizza for some northwest beers? just kidding :) Cheers!

Yeah, would love to meet up. Maybe they’ll let me bring on a pizza or two as carry-on - can’t imagine that would be a problem.

Still working on a loose schedule while there. Right now I’m hoping to fit in the De Garde anniversary, but probably not Fredfest. If there are any STL beers you’d like to try, let me know. I travel pretty light, but if anyone was wanting to do any sharing/tasting I thought I could probably just mail a package of beer & it would be cheaper than checking in luggage.

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 10:45 Fri 4/11/2014

If you aren’t doing Fredfest, perhaps we can have a small bottleshare on Sinday afternoon if you’ll be in town? Let me know if that might be a viable option for you. If so, I’ll see about a potential location. No need to bring pizza :)

vyvvy
beers 7776 º places 26 º 15:10 Fri 4/11/2014

Sunday afternoon looks like it could be a good time for that.

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 16:57 Fri 4/11/2014

I’ll look into a venue