Post Xmas beers in Bamberg and surrounding area

Reads 1142 • Replies 13 • Started Monday, September 23, 2013 2:02:29 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 01:44 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by McTapps
Originally posted by TAR

Forgot to mention that I’m not the biggest Franconia/Bavaria fan

Say whaaaa? That’s akin to loving folk music but loathing Woodie Guthrie. Or having a strong affinity for Mother Nature yet hating the Black Forest or the Arabian Desert in all their splendor. Or being a food aficionado but disliking Moroccan and Indian.

Or are you just referring to the Franken/Bayern culture (which I would agree with you on, if that’s what you are indeed referring to)?

Don’t know what your question really is, but yes, I am not the biggest fan of Bavarian beers - I drink them and I am not sick after finishing my glass, so I kinda like them, but I am not the biggest fan of it. Only because I love beer does not mean that I have to like Bavarian beer. They taste quite special, the Franconians are a little bit nicer and smoother and not that yeasty, but why should I like them?

If I would live in Colorado I would be probably sick and tired of all IPAs from whatever state, but if YOU would live in Germany you probably wouldn’t ever drink a Hefeweizen / Helles / Märzen ever again ;-)

Or at least, after living here a few years, you’d find them less and less interesting.

FWIW, I have what I consider a "strong affinity for mother nature", but I would never consider visiting the Arabian desert. The Schwarzwald...meh.

Reminyze
beers 8397 º places 233 º 01:54 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by pivnizub
Rubbish! You can find the best Lagers in the world in Franconia and in Bohemia. No doubt!!!

Günther, everybody is entitled to ones opinion and I didn’t say that I don’t like your beloved Franconian beers

left_bank
beers 106 º places 107 º 03:56 Mon 1/6/2014

but if YOU would live in Germany you probably wouldn’t ever drink a Hefeweizen / Helles / Märzen ever again ;-)

dream killer