RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Post your 2014 Founderís KBS Release Goofy-ness here!

read 3239 times • 74 replies • posted 4/2/2014 4:02:08 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

premium
DrSilverworm 6944:105
Iím expecting to get our case at our store tomorrow. Between this week and last week, we must have gotten 100 calls from people asking about KBS. We can pretty much guess what the call is going to be about before picking up the phone. At least 7 or 8 of my personal beer friends sent me texts asking about it. With our tight allocation, we have to do a 1 bottle limit per customer. I canít wait until next week, when I can just say "sold out".
4/3/2014 11:09:14 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
CLevar 13
Why not charge 12 bucks a bottle or something like that? Keep the riffraff out. Supply and demand, all that jazz
4/3/2014 11:27:10 AM

premium
AdamJackson 2875:200
What? KBS? I walked into a small beer store near my house. it was on the shelf. I grabbed a 4-pack. asked the guy at the store how much they got...chatted for a few minutes and he offered me a keg of it. So I put the 4-pack back and walked out with a keg of this yearís KBS.

Thereís quite a bit in Vermont this year.

4-packs locally are $21 w/ 5 cent deposit per bottle.
4/3/2014 11:32:45 AM

premium
pepsican 1451:53
Originally posted by CLevar
Why not charge 12 bucks a bottle or something like that? Keep the riffraff out. Supply and demand, all that jazz

Hoping reweries and distributors start doing this. Feel like itís kind of a dick move for a store to do it. I donít think beer has fleshed itself out enough to have any sort of realistic price vs. demand structure. The "rare beer" world is quite young.
4/3/2014 11:32:58 AM

premium
Originally posted by AdamJackson
I put the 4-pack back and walked out with a keg of this yearís KBS.<

Gross.
4/3/2014 11:34:15 AM

premium
bmoosey 82:1
What? KBS? I walked into a small beer store near my house. it was on the shelf. I grabbed a 4-pack. asked the guy at the store how much they got...chatted for a few minutes and he offered me a keg of it. So I put the 4-pack back and walked out with a keg of this yearís KBS.

Awesome! Congrats!
4/3/2014 11:39:11 AM

premium
AdamJackson 2875:200
Funny thing is, he apologized to me, "Dude Iím sorry but the kegs are sixtels only. Do you still want it?"

and Iím not bragging here, just saying that itís not that hard to get. Or maybe Vermont once again lucks out on beer releases? No clue.
4/3/2014 11:41:18 AM

premium
Sounds like you donít have a very big demand in that area.
4/3/2014 11:45:35 AM

premium
DrSilverworm 6944:105

Wow. I almost want to think thatís a joke, itís kind of the opposite situation in Ohio. First you get a keg of BCS, now KBS? Itís kind of funny / sad for me to imagine you guys in VT just tripping over rare beers in every gas station you walk into
4/3/2014 11:54:58 AM

premium
Ernesto987 3923:104
Funny thing is, he apologized to me, "Dude Iím sorry but the kegs are sixtels only. Do you still want it?"

and Iím not bragging here, just saying that itís not that hard to get. Or maybe Vermont once again lucks out on beer releases? No clue.

Everyday vt beer is way better than kbs
4/3/2014 12:05:05 PM

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback