RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Post your 2014 Founderís KBS Release Goofy-ness here!

read 3170 times • 74 replies • posted 4/2/2014 4:02:08 PM

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

premium
bmoosey 82:
Originally posted by AdamJackson
Funny thing is, he apologized to me, "Dude Iím sorry but the kegs are sixtels only. Do you still want it?"

and Iím not bragging here, just saying that itís not that hard to get. Or maybe Vermont once again lucks out on beer releases? No clue.

Sounds like you were just in the right place at the right time!
4/3/2014 12:19:06 PM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

premium
EricTeusink 698:1
I am going to chime in on the raise the price argument. While waiting in 60 person line for 2 bottles, I posited the question, "How long would this line be if the price was $11.99 a bottle?" Most people thought about half as long. I would probably have still stupidly bought 2 bottles. Universal consensus was, while under those conditions KBS wouldnít sell out in 5 minutes, it would still sell out in a few hours.

Consensus was that this year was significantly crazier than last year, which was significantly crazier than the year before.
4/3/2014 1:09:48 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
mikem409 1491:182
lets say production stays the same on KBS will this continue to worsen year after year or will it reach a point where KBS is not "cool" anymore and it will decline in popularity?
4/3/2014 1:12:54 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
blklab2007 1984:17
I personally donít bother anymore. It is a nice beer to enjoy a bottle of but not near worth the trouble to get.
4/3/2014 1:18:38 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Treebute
Korgers(Grocery store) beer rep was followed around the store by one individual for 2 hours until their shipment arrived. It was a one bottle limit.
4/3/2014 1:58:35 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
t0rin0 68:1380
Originally posted by Treebute
Korgers(Grocery store) beer rep was followed around the store by one individual for 2 hours until their shipment arrived. It was a one bottle limit.

4/3/2014 2:00:52 PM

Post a reply Post reply

barak316 107:15
Funny thing is, he apologized to me, "Dude Iím sorry but the kegs are sixtels only. Do you still want it?"

and Iím not bragging here, just saying that itís not that hard to get. Or maybe Vermont once again lucks out on beer releases? No clue.

Founders doesnít use sixtels anymore. They purchased their own 1/4bbls and 1/2barrels. They stopped using them well over a year ago.
4/3/2014 2:36:23 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Lukaduke 2243:62
Luckily the little shop I work at is mostly off the radar... we got a case. I took a 4pk and spread the other 5 to regular customers who had asked if we were getting some. A few of the larger stores in the Portland area did raffles for two bottle limits at 5.99/btl. That being said we got about 20 phone calls and had a good amount of shelf stalkers coming in eyeing every inch of the store where beer is hidden...
4/3/2014 2:43:52 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
AdamJackson 2689:186
Originally posted by barak316

Founders doesnít use sixtels anymore. They purchased their own 1/4bbls and 1/2barrels. They stopped using them well over a year ago.

I apologize youíre right. I had to google it. Iím not a keg expert but what I have says 7.75 gallons and sixtel is 5, right?
4/3/2014 2:51:24 PM

Post a reply Post reply

barak316 107:15
Originally posted by barak316

Yeah you got a 1/4bbl. That is awesome!

I apologize youíre right. I had to google it. Iím not a keg expert but what I have says 7.75 gallons and sixtel is 5, right?
4/3/2014 3:50:48 PM

Post a reply Post reply

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Reply to Thread     
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ