RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Post your 2014 Founderís KBS Release Goofy-ness here!

read 3058 times • 74 replies • posted 4/2/2014 4:02:08 PM

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

premium
mikem409 1480:181
Originally posted by AdamJackson
Originally posted by barak316
Funny thing is, he apologized to me, "Dude Iím sorry but the kegs are sixtels only. Do you still want it?"

and Iím not bragging here, just saying that itís not that hard to get. Or maybe Vermont once again lucks out on beer releases? No clue.

Founders doesnít use sixtels anymore. They purchased their own 1/4bbls and 1/2barrels. They stopped using them well over a year ago.

I apologize youíre right. I had to google it. Iím not a keg expert but what I have says 7.75 gallons and sixtel is 5, right?

Adam you can send me any KBS on the shelf you dont want :)
4/3/2014 4:24:27 PM

Post a reply Post reply

Private message send the author a private message

premium
AdamJackson 2522:186
Mike, youíre in Michigan. Isnít it just like everywhere? every water fountain in MI has KBS flowing?
4/3/2014 4:57:27 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
mikem409 1480:181
Mike, youíre in Michigan. Isnít it just like everywhere? every water fountain in MI has KBS flowing?

Its a damn joke here I got my 2 four packs at founders all places around are doing 1-2 bottles and sold out instantly, im talking 2 hour waits.
4/3/2014 5:02:27 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
AdamJackson 2522:186
Holy crap. I havenít been following this thread, apologies but this sounds insane. Isnít MI their core market? Theyíre doing like Goose Island and keep expanding to new states and the local stuff is drying up way faster. Iím sorry to hear that. Our best VT beers arenít available outside of the state so I havenít had that issue with vermont stuff.

as for the rivers of BCS and KBS kegs that weíre seeing, I have no idea why there are so many of them floating around Vermont. but iím not complaining.
4/3/2014 5:06:05 PM

Post a reply Post reply

TheWhiteWolf 3:
Phila is a joke for this one. I wonít slam your wife if you sell me a 4 pack..
4/3/2014 7:17:56 PM

Post a reply Post reply

LEMONHEAD 1
Originally posted by pepsican
Sounds like you donít have a very big demand in that area.

They all pass the stores up en route to HF apparently.
4/3/2014 9:32:53 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
Indra 2604:73
Thereís been one bottle limits at pretty much every store here in the KC area (I hear $5-6/ea.). To me thatís plenty goofy. But thereís more of it total here in town this year because Founderís is on both sides of the state line now.
4/3/2014 10:48:41 PM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
keanex 1423:52
Beer releases like KBS make ashamed of the beer community. 8/10 people today had nothing but negative stuff to say about how my store handles these rare beers.

Newsflash itís a fucking beer and 100 other people called/came in before you. If finding a rare beer is that important to you then I feel sorry for your family life. The whole hobby is getting gross and tiresome and Iíve seen it from many sides. We should all really be really ashamed of how immature we are when it come to limited beer.

Edit: And no Iím not going to tell you how my store handles releases because 8/10 of you are going to bitch and complain despite not being within a 10 hour driving distance of it anyway.
4/3/2014 10:58:07 PM

Post a reply Post reply

GumballDust
Any one else having troubles in Indy? Indianapolis is becoming a frustrating place to get your hands on good beer. No one knows anything about KBS this year while my buddy in Ft Wayne took home 17 bottles on Tuesday.

---Posted via Beer Buddy for iPhone
4/4/2014 7:48:46 AM

Post a reply Post reply

premium
DrSilverworm 6276:95
I show up to work today and there are already 2 people in line waiting on us to open at 11am. I explained to them that the truck hasnít even showed up yet and it could arrive any time within the next 6 hours. All of this for 1 bottle.

I asked the 1st lady in line if she has ever had it, she said no. She took the day off work and her husband really wanted to try it. I can kind of understand how these new craft beer enthusiasts can succumb to the hype. Still, though..

While typing this I was interrupted by a guy calling asking about KBS
4/4/2014 8:21:55 AM

Post a reply Post reply

Home > Forums > Beer Talk

Reply to Thread     
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer