RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Beer Travel | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

Prague, Germany, Belgium, Italy itinerary - advice please


read 2410 times • 37 replies • posted 4/5/2013 6:29:06 PM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4

jorge76 11:141
yes you’re absolutaly right if your talking about safety ..but i’m talking about save time for enjoing more places for having fun in them.. try to get to mochsambach for a gorgeous zehendner lagerbier from bamberg by train,i think it would take 2 hours and it is maybe just 15 km away ..going there by car it takes 20 mins ..doing that we are always able to visit 20 breweries in 4 days .. but i repeat , you’re right about the germans law about driving drunk and your safety etc etc
4/25/2013 4:20:02 AM

Private message send the author a private message


Doomed 16:
For my 4 days in Bamberg I will probably look at hiring a bicycle for a day trip or three and see what is around the place, there will be no DUI for sure.

Good info craftycarl21, thanks. So I have 6 nights in Prague, first day or so I may be a little jet lagged but still should leave enough time for a few day trips out of Prague so will try and check out Pilsen and also Kutná Hora to check out the ’bone church’. Is it worth making a trip out of Prague to find a beer bath or is there a place in Prague that does them or is it a total gimmick that is not worth chasing?

2 nights booked for Brugge, T Brugs Beertje is on top of the list, will check out de Garre too. No time for Antwerp or Gent though unfortunately.

Organised an RS Clio IV for the trip through Belgium, France and Italy so should be a bit fun to be had there.

It shouldn’t be too hard to avoid over doing the beer side of things. 5 weeks straight of just beering it up will be beyond my limits so there will will be time to spend on checking the history/culture and touristy stuff as well.
4/28/2013 1:43:39 AM

Private message send the author a private message


Erlangernick 1:2
Originally posted by jorge76
yes you’re absolutaly right if your talking about safety ..but i’m talking about save time for enjoing more places for having fun in them.. try to get to mochsambach for a gorgeous zehendner lagerbier from bamberg by train,i think it would take 2 hours and it is maybe just 15 km away ..going there by car it takes 20 mins ..doing that we are always able to visit 20 breweries in 4 days .. but i repeat , you’re right about the germans law about driving drunk and your safety etc etc


Okay, if you mean places that are impossible to get to by public transit and require a long bike tour like Mönchsambach...yeah, the alternative is to drive there. But there are so many other places in the countryside around Bamberg that *are* easy to get to by bus & train.

(Nitpicking: Mönchsambach’s 20 km from Bamberg.)
4/28/2013 4:27:10 AM

Private message send the author a private message


Erlangernick 1:2
Originally posted by Doomed
For my 4 days in Bamberg I will probably look at hiring a bicycle for a day trip or three and see what is around the place, there will be no DUI for sure.

Good info craftycarl21, thanks. So I have 6 nights in Prague, first day or so I may be a little jet lagged but still should leave enough time for a few day trips out of Prague so will try and check out Pilsen and also Kutná Hora to check out the ’bone church’. Is it worth making a trip out of Prague to find a beer bath or is there a place in Prague that does them or is it a total gimmick that is not worth chasing?

2 nights booked for Brugge, T Brugs Beertje is on top of the list, will check out de Garre too. No time for Antwerp or Gent though unfortunately.

Organised an RS Clio IV for the trip through Belgium, France and Italy so should be a bit fun to be had there.

It shouldn’t be too hard to avoid over doing the beer side of things. 5 weeks straight of just beering it up will be beyond my limits so there will will be time to spend on checking the history/culture and touristy stuff as well.


I can help you out with bike routes, GPS data and all that, just give a shout.

AFA your last sentence goes...beer *is* a big part of the history and culture of these parts of Europe! You’ll find your balance easily enough. Enjoy your trip planning.

But why not 4 nights each in Prague, Bamberg, and Brugge, just because?
4/28/2013 4:29:10 AM

Private message send the author a private message


motelpogo 6700:33
just noticed this post. pilsen is definitely worth checking out - 5 breweries in the city and a few more pretty close. will be good to hang out with another aussie
5/6/2013 12:00:07 PM

Private message send the author a private message


Erlangernick 1:2
Coming back to this...

Originally posted by jorge76
yes you’re absolutaly right if your talking about safety ..but i’m talking about save time for enjoing more places for having fun in them..
Of COURSE I’m talking about safety. My life, and especially the life of my wife when we’re out cycling around the Franconian countryside, is much more important to me than how conveniently a group of Italian tourists wants to get around from brewery to brewery. You don’t have the same drunk driving laws in Italy? Be careful when you go to the Czech Republic then -- there’s 0.0% blood alcohol allowed there, and they do conduct random checks.


try to get to mochsambach for a gorgeous zehendner lagerbier from bamberg by train,i think it would take 2 hours and it is maybe just 15 km away ..going there by car it takes 20 mins ..doing that we are always able to visit 20 breweries in 4 days .. but i repeat , you’re right about the germans law about driving drunk and your safety etc etc


Update: Of course, you can indeed get to Mönchsambach from Bamberg by bus. Bus 991 runs regularly, and takes 29 or 39 minutes, depending on time of day.
5/7/2013 12:46:10 AM

Private message send the author a private message


Doomed 16:
Originally posted by motelpogo
just noticed this post. pilsen is definitely worth checking out - 5 breweries in the city and a few more pretty close. will be good to hang out with another aussie


I’m interested in doing Pilsen as a day trip from Prague. If your free from 31/5 to the 4/6 we could meet up for a beer or three. Would like to check out the Urquell brewery at the least.
5/9/2013 1:52:56 AM

Private message send the author a private message

Home > Forums > Beer Travel

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search
Add A Beer
Add A Brewer
Add A Place
Events
membership
Log In
Edit Personal Info
Buy Premium Membership
Your Messages
the best
RateBeer Best
100 Beer Club
The Top 50