Pre-GBBF Shindig - 6 & 7 August

Reads 5653 • Replies 101 • Started Monday, July 18, 2016 6:20:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Originally posted by rlgk
Would be happy to join you to Bermondsey.
Is your plan to visit all places?

Is it ok if I drop my rucksack off at the house of pancakes before heading off to Bermondsey got a really early train into London so it’ll be about 8.20am?

Yep sure nice one Ronnie, we should have time to visit all places Four Pure can be a bit of a trek, pretty sure some more experienced Bermondsey tickers will be able to tell us the best plan of attack.

I was thinking Kernel first, then Anspach & Hobday opens at 10.30, then Bottle Shop, not sure where is best from there.

Do BBNO straight after Kernel. Not sure what the official opening time is but the couple of times I’ve been Down this summer I’ve been In BBNO drinking by 1020/25.
BBNO also tends to get the busiest as kernel used to so best to pick it off as early as possible.

Cheers Cloin think it should open at 11am, but great to know they let you start earlier

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 04:08 Thu 8/4/2016

I’ve never been let in to BBNo before 11. Maybe there’s a password you get given after 10k rates?

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40501 º places 1239 º 04:11 Thu 8/4/2016

Originally posted by The_Osprey
I’ve never been let in to BBNo before 11. Maybe there’s a password you get given after 10k rates?

I guess its if they are set up and ready to go its not an issue.

Went in Mid May and again first weekend of July and both times I just wandered in before half 10, ordered and sat down and drank. On one of the occasions I recall someone else already there drinking, the other time I was first in and there were others within 5 minutes.

Maybe they are Welshist ... can’t blame them tbh !

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 05:34 Thu 8/4/2016

Would be happy to join you to Bermondsey.
Is your plan to visit all places?

Is it ok if I drop my rucksack off at the house of pancakes before heading off to Bermondsey got a really early train into London so it’ll be about 8.20am?

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 09:00 Thu 8/4/2016

So leaving from Chris and Ruth around 8.30?

Yep sure nice one Ronnie, we should have time to visit all places Four Pure can be a bit of a trek, pretty sure some more experienced Bermondsey tickers will be able to tell us the best plan of attack.

I was thinking Kernel first, then Anspach & Hobday opens at 10.30, then Bottle Shop, not sure where is best from there.

Do BBNO straight after Kernel. Not sure what the official opening time is but the couple of times I’ve been Down this summer I’ve been In BBNO drinking by 1020/25.
BBNO also tends to get the busiest as kernel used to so best to pick it off as early as possible.

Cheers Cloin think it should open at 11am, but great to know they let you start earlier

Yep that sounds about right, get to the Kernel for about 9ish

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 09:54 Thu 8/4/2016

That’s a bit early. Unless you plan to spend an hour+ at The Kernel...

Originally posted by Leighton

street drinking, you gonna join us

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 05:36 Fri 8/5/2016

Originally posted by Leighton

street drinking, you gonna join us

Not sure.

Likely going for a run in the morning. Plus prob doing Bermondsey tonight.

Leighton
beers 33714 º places 1204 º 05:37 Fri 8/5/2016

This almost 24 hours away - can we get a damn countdown or wat?