RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Industry | Beer Talk | Site News | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

professional beer monger??

read 3425 times • 49 replies • posted 4/24/2013 8:14:36 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

premium
devman171 951:121
If itís legal, relationships with the distributors would be the key, or look into creating your own small scale distributing..
4/24/2013 9:05:40 AM

Private message send the author a private message

ParkerDaniels
AdamJackson....there have been some calls to the ABC and federal regulators. I have not been privy to these conversations up to now. Working within the legalities of the three tier system is definitely something that weíre working on and getting the word from the governing bodies as to how this remains legal and on the up and up is priority.

As for the mark-up, charging astronomical prices and prison raping the general public is not something that I would be a part of and will not work for those that do. Iím sure weíve all seen this happen in our neighborhoods and local back room deals.

Thanks for your input man....truly appreciated.
4/24/2013 9:08:11 AM

ParkerDaniels
Devman...definitely will be working on relationships with the brewers and the distributors. Also, knowing every stateís regulations will help in the process. The legal process is just as time-consuming as getting the bottles.

4/24/2013 9:10:49 AM

premium
AdamJackson 2542:186
Sorry, hope I didnít offend, it sounds like a lot of fun. I love trading and would love it more if someone was footing the bill. Maybe you get paid to go to bottle releases, etc. Would be a great job to do even part time so put me in the jealous category. was just wondering if it was skating under the lawbooks or not simply out of curiosity.
4/24/2013 9:13:57 AM

ParkerDaniels
Iím not offended at all. I really appreciate the questions. Had I not already handled some of them in the past, I would have really appreciated your post even more. The legality of it is important to me as it can affect everyone involved...I wouldnít dream of doing anything wonky that could hrt craft beer people or the industry.

As for trading and getting paid for it, dream job...even if it is for a short time.

I guess Iím just curious how these places can afford to pay me a salary on top of the cost of beer and travel. The financial viability of it seems to be a stretch and I like these guys, so I would hate to put them in a bind.

Thanks again for your posts.

4/24/2013 9:20:35 AM

Unclerudy 12:3
Getting paid to go across the country to beer releases? Sign me up!
4/24/2013 9:22:57 AM

ParkerDaniels
I know....Iím hoping all the pieces come together on this. Dream job...big time.
4/24/2013 9:27:47 AM

premium
devman171 951:121
seems like a trucker lifestyle.. New business idea, mobile trucking beer store! whoís in?
4/24/2013 9:32:50 AM

ParkerDaniels
Brilliant!! If only we could figure out the legality of a traveling draft truck. Now that would be awesome.
4/24/2013 9:35:19 AM

premium
foppa78 12
Originally posted by ParkerDaniels

As for the mark-up, charging astronomical prices and prison raping the general public is not something that I would be a part of and will not work for those that do.

How could a place pay you a salary and cover all of your expenses and NOT have to charge astronomical prices?
4/24/2013 9:50:17 AM

Home > Forums > Industry

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers