Propolis Brewing

Reads 1092 • Replies 17 • Started Monday, July 27, 2015 6:26:40 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 01:51 Tue 7/28/2015

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Originally posted by legion242
Just looked at them on here. What’s up with all the numbering in their names?

batch number and year.

I see somebody just cleaned up the names

legion242
beers 2345 º places 122 º 07:47 Tue 7/28/2015

Must be another glitch on the new UI, they still look messed up to me.

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 10:06 Tue 7/28/2015

I’ve tried 8 of their offerings. Not one of them impressed me. This is my rating for the Wyrt Stout:

Wow, this sounds good doesn’t it? I thought so. I brought this bottle to a group game night for sharing. What a dud! Medium brown with an effervescent tan head. The aroma is heavy on herbs with a few phenols thrown in, and a hint of vanilla sweetness. The aroma is definitively un-stoutlike, with no roast traits at all. The palate translates to the same: heavy herbal, medicinal character, almost astringent. Thin, watery mouthfeel. Again, there is a sad paucity of malt here-- just the faintest hint of chocolate. Missing the vanilla hinted at in the nose. For all the romanticism in the description, this beer was failure. Half the bottle sat unfinished, among five eager tasters. Sad.

Alen
places 1 º 11:31 Tue 7/28/2015

Originally posted by DuffMan
I’ve tried 8 of their offerings. Not one of them impressed me. This is my rating for the Wyrt Stout:

Wow, this sounds good doesn’t it? I thought so. I brought this bottle to a group game night for sharing. What a dud! Medium brown with an effervescent tan head. The aroma is heavy on herbs with a few phenols thrown in, and a hint of vanilla sweetness. The aroma is definitively un-stoutlike, with no roast traits at all. The palate translates to the same: heavy herbal, medicinal character, almost astringent. Thin, watery mouthfeel. Again, there is a sad paucity of malt here-- just the faintest hint of chocolate. Missing the vanilla hinted at in the nose. For all the romanticism in the description, this beer was failure. Half the bottle sat unfinished, among five eager tasters. Sad.

Never had their stout. I’ll stick to their saisons. Just bought a few that I hadn’t had before. Hope they are good

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 11:42 Tue 7/28/2015

Can’t really get with the beers. They’re evidently very nice, very sincere people, but their prices are just way out of whack with the rest of the world, and the bottles sit forever and ever.

That Beltane drank pretty good, and I’m stoked for any WA brewery to medal at GABF, but I get kinda tired of those yellow traffic sign labels taking up the same shelf space for months (and into years) at bottle shops around here.

Reid
beers 3528 º places 95 º 11:55 Tue 7/28/2015

Maybe its this region..people are apparently more willing to pay big prices in The East and mid-west.

after4ever
admin
beers 8025 º places 322 º 12:41 Tue 7/28/2015

Originally posted by Reid
Maybe its this region..people are apparently more willing to pay big prices in The East and mid-west.

Because one brand-new brewery can’t get away with charging $25+ for 750s?

How does that make any sense?

We have some of the more lucratively-priced breweries in the country around here. Not all of them, not even a majority, but plenty of them--Cascade, The Ale Apothecary, special releases from others like HOTD. People were just bitching about high-priced NW beers in the forums less than a month ago.

It would be good to check even a tiny little slice of real-world data before making sweeping assumptions about an entire region based ONE nanobrewery’s sales performance.

Besides, the comments in this thread tie it to more than just price, anyway.