Race for #pickle beer top rater is heating up

Reads 3105 • Replies 49 • Started Tuesday, January 13, 2015 12:37:46 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 06:52 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
We’re in Iceland and sadly discovering there are no tags for whale balls, testicles more generally, or sheep shit.

#testicle should be possible as there are at least three beers that fit in that tag.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/steoji-hvalur-2-orrabjor/311424/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wynkoop-rocky-mountain-oyster-stout/188423/
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/wynkoop-barrel-aged-rocky-mountain-oyster-stout/306383/

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40465 º places 1239 º 07:08 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by adnielsen
#xnobebier

#muttontick

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 08:34 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by Travlr
We’re in Iceland and sadly discovering there are no tags for whale balls, testicles more generally, or sheep shit.

http://www.ratebeer.com/tag/animals/

DSG
beers 25798 º places 162 º 09:21 Tue 3/3/2015

I believe numbers 2 & 6 on #animals aren’t actually made with any animal-derived products. I vaguely remember reading somehwere that #1 also doesn’t contain any actual bacon.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 09:37 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by DSG
I believe numbers 2 & 6 on #animals aren’t actually made with any animal-derived products. I vaguely remember reading somehwere that #1 also doesn’t contain any actual bacon.

If you’re premium you don’t need to be an admin to remove them from the list, just click the X on the side. That said, considering some prominent tickers are vying for number one on that prestigious list (and the fact that Gene is consuming all the testicles he can find in Iceland at the moment) you should be sure about that claim before you remove the top couple of beers from that list.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 10:00 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by DSG

If you’re premium you don’t need to be an admin to remove them from the list, just click the X on the side. That said, considering some prominent tickers are vying for number one on that prestigious list (and the fact that Gene is consuming all the testicles he can find in Iceland at the moment) you should be sure about that claim before you remove the top couple of beers from that list.

The Beer Geek Bacon doesn’t mention any bacon in the ingredients list:
"En Rauchmeal stout brygget på: vand, malt, ristet byg, havre, humle, gær og kaffe: Dette er en røget version af Beer Geek Breakfast."
Which translates to:
"A Rauchmeal stout brewed with: water, malt, roasted barley, oats, hops, yeast and coffee: This is a smoked version of Beer Geek Breakfast."

I’ll remove the tag right away.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:02 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by VsXsV
Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by DSG

The Beer Geek Bacon doesn’t mention any bacon in the ingredients list:
"En Rauchmeal stout brygget på: vand, malt, ristet byg, havre, humle, gær og kaffe: Dette er en røget version af Beer Geek Breakfast."
Which translates to:
"A Rauchmeal stout brewed with: water, malt, roasted barley, oats, hops, yeast and coffee: This is a smoked version of Beer Geek Breakfast."

I’ll remove the tag right away.

I’m assuming that a lot of bacon beers are like this, where they just taste like smoked meat due to the smoked malt, and don’t have any actual bacon in them. Would be interesting to hear from someone in the industry on how most brewers go about this.