RateBeer vs Beer Buddy App

Reads 6916 • Replies 13 • Started Monday, January 6, 2014 3:30:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

tbopslt
beers 354 º 15:30 Mon 1/6/2014

Just discovered this app while updating my iphone. I have been using beer buddy. Any advantages/disadvantages to either app? To be honest, I thought Beer Buddy was affiliated with Rate Beer. Thanks!

BMMillsy
beers 1788 º places 120 º 17:38 Mon 1/6/2014

I use Beer Buddy and it works great. Have not tried the official RB app, but I can edit my cellar and rate and search just fine through Beer Buddy. Only issue is I can’t get it to work with my Inbox at all.

Ed5388
beers 3492 º places 87 º 18:55 Mon 1/6/2014

I bought both. RB app had some issues but recent updates correct a lot of them, however I still find myself using beerbuddy more. I think just cause I'm used to it. Both Apps still have some bugs to be worked out IMO, but both work well.

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 19:01 Mon 1/6/2014

fiulijn
beers 28318 º places 745 º 19:02 Mon 1/6/2014

One big improvement for me is that now it manages to download on the phone my 13000 ratings and I can have them offline
I still have to explore the other functionalities...

rennat42
beers 5357 º places 205 º 19:18 Mon 1/6/2014

I’ve actually found BrewGene to be my favorite beer rating phone app for when I am on the go. Then i just transfer everything on here when I can be on a computer.

CapFlu
beers 5136 º places 238 º 19:31 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by fiulijn
One big improvement for me is that now it manages to download on the phone my 13000 ratings and I can have them offline
I still have to explore the other functionalities...

Not everybody is going to have your "problems", Alex.

Ed5388
beers 3492 º places 87 º 20:13 Mon 1/6/2014

Originally posted by HuskerTan
I’ve actually found BrewGene to be my favorite beer rating phone app for when I am on the go. Then i just transfer everything on here when I can be on a computer.

I used to use brewgene also but a lot of beers weren’t added or had wrong info. The rating system was easy, but then I realized I can just use the ticking system on RateBeer. Same concept. Now I tick the beer on RateBeer and it’s all saved under the same app. Plus you can just click on your tick and it brings you to the beer to rate it. So much easier then going back and forth between two apps IMO.

stumpyiliz
beers 218 º places 7 º 20:34 Mon 1/6/2014

Ratebeer. It’s free, beer buddy doesn’t work on my phone only if ratebeer doesn’t work on my phone. So why buy a beer buddy when ratebeer is free?

Thehin
places 1 º 00:38 Tue 1/7/2014

The most significant difference between Beer Buddy and RateBeer is the integration of social features within the RateBeer app. The RateBeer app allows you to follow your friends on RateBeer and instantly get notified, via push notifications, when a friend has rated a new beer, added a new beer, rated a place, and updated their status.

Also, the new RateBeer app allows you to add custom lists for saving beers to. There is also more social media integration for sharing beers and ratings to Facebook and Twitter.

The RateBeer app also shows you which glasses to serve in as well as other suggested beers for the beer you are viewing.

Cheers

Beerenberger
beers 1604 º places 66 º 13:41 Mon 3/3/2014

If I were to use the new Rate Beer app, , I won’t hav to renter all my Beer Buddy reviews will I ?