RateBeer app for Apple

Reads 1384 • Replies 19 • Started Saturday, March 28, 2015 8:32:04 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

OldGrowth
beers 3472 º places 204 º 13:10 Sun 3/29/2015

Originally posted by Maakun
I have aired my frustrations with both apps on here before, but I wouldn’t realy recommend them. BeerBuddy works most of the time, but it has some bugs and nothing is being done to fix them. And you can’t add availability info, add new beers and a few other things are missing.

My main problem with it is that you have to pay for it, but it’s just a half-finished product. It could also use a better layout.

After trying both apps and being frustrated I just ended up using the site on Safari.

Some of my friends tried the app and just switched to Untappd because that app actualy works well. These apps I think are really a missed opportunity for Ratebeer to get more members.

yeah you pay for it, but it’s 3.99 i mean you probbaly spend twice as much without flinching on a beer and that’s a one time buy

trapped
beers 7429 º places 466 º 14:55 Sun 3/29/2015

I only use the barcode scanner and the search function of the app and enter any data through the web site using the browser.

Frank
beers 4561 º places 92 º 15:12 Sun 3/29/2015

Whatever you do, if you get Beer Buddy for iPhone, change your signature. Never once was there one good review written that ends w/ the defautl Beer Buddy signature.

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 03:05 Mon 3/30/2015

Originally posted by Frank
Whatever you do, if you get Beer Buddy for iPhone, change your signature. Never once was there one good review written that ends w/ the defautl Beer Buddy signature.

One of the bugs is that you can’t change the signature...

Borresteijn
beers 11229 º places 404 º 03:15 Mon 3/30/2015

But you can delete it though

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 03:22 Mon 3/30/2015

Originally posted by OldGrowth

yeah you pay for it, but it’s 3.99 i mean you probbaly spend twice as much without flinching on a beer and that’s a one time buy

Well, 3.99 for something that doesn’t work is too much for me

But I think the most annoying thing about is that it makes the site look like some kind of semi-scam that just wants to make a quick buck.

blankboy
beers 9681 º 14:03 Thu 4/9/2015

Agreed, both apps are crap. I also use Safari. I know so many people that use Untappd that have never even heard of Ratebeer, if only the site had a good app.

jercraigs
beers 14830 º places 1047 º 14:28 Thu 4/9/2015

I use beer buddy but mostly just to have an offline list of what I have rated. I do anything significant in the browser and do my ratings offline in Notepad.

Maakun
beers 10309 º places 319 º 14:49 Thu 4/9/2015

Originally posted by Borresteijn

But you can delete it though

Not with an iPhone 5S and iOS 8.2