RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

RateBeer for Android app updated

read 9062 times • 140 replies • posted 1/29/2012 7:03:38 AM

Thread Frozen
Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

premium
Beersiveknown 2473:64
Originally posted by cgarvieuk
ok done.

well i though id try it out :-)

slowcoach! its great for updating when out and about and no need for untappd now!
1/30/2012 1:42:59 PM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
BelgianBeerGal 3022:69
Awesome update and the barcode scanner rocks!
1/30/2012 3:59:00 PM

Gregis 1279:24
This is a great app, Eric. Super-fast searches on my Galaxy SII. The only "glitches" that Iíve encountered are with places: the numeric ratings donít match those on the site (and seemingly have no rhyme or reason to them) and I get an error message when I go to my profiles. ("The command failed unexpectedly. Connection is poor or RateBeer is offline") The odd thing is that it actually loads my profile fine. It just has that error overlay every time.
1/31/2012 6:26:06 AM

Steeeve 326:36
Originally posted by Gregis
This is a great app, Eric. Super-fast searches on my Galaxy SII. The only "glitches" that Iíve encountered are with places: the numeric ratings donít match those on the site (and seemingly have no rhyme or reason to them) and I get an error message when I go to my profiles. ("The command failed unexpectedly. Connection is poor or RateBeer is offline") The odd thing is that it actually loads my profile fine. It just has that error overlay every time.

Iím having the same issue on my Droid X2. I get that error when I submit a review, and again when I submit the distribution info. It goes through just fine every time, but the error message always comes up.
1/31/2012 9:49:16 AM

premium
VsXsV 1896:38
Tried it out a bit on my SE Xperia X8 earlier today. Works better than previous versions but it still crashes when I try to open a BM or search for a beer. Otherwise, it seems to work.
1/31/2012 11:32:10 AM

levifunk 12:
Great app. Only problem I have is that when my phone is on and logged into the app, when I receive a PM, it is marked as read on the website even though Iíve never opened it.
1/31/2012 12:25:44 PM

premium
VsXsV 1896:38
Originally posted by levifunk
Great app. Only problem I have is that when my phone is on and logged into the app, when I receive a PM, it is marked as read on the website even though Iíve never opened it.

Iíve experienced this as well.
1/31/2012 1:57:26 PM

premium
admin
joet 2056:88
Originally posted by VsXsV

is this related to a scrape?

please see

msg-view.asp
mid = message id
u = userid

you may need to parse the output
1/31/2012 2:21:32 PM

premium
Thehin 1
Originally posted by joet

please see

msg-view.asp
mid = message id
u = userid

you may need to parse the output

Is this in the API doc? I couldnít find this in the word documentation for the API.

Thanks!
1/31/2012 10:35:25 PM

premium
erickok 3193:146
Works better than previous versions but it still crashes when I try to open a BM or search for a beer.

Phones with older (2.2 or older) versions of Android have this problem. I was able to figure this out because of the crash reports people send me. Thanks for that! Iíll release the fix soon!

Originally posted by joet

No, I use the json api for this, but the call itself marks the message as read. Will investigate further, but iím pretty sure thatís the problem.
1/31/2012 10:39:47 PM

Home > Forums > Site News

Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14
Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers