RateBeer for Android app updated

Reads 11727 • Replies 140 • Started Sunday, January 29, 2012 7:03:38 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 13:42 Mon 1/30/2012

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
ok done.

well i though id try it out :-)

slowcoach! its great for updating when out and about and no need for untappd now!

BelgianBeerGal
beers 6307 º places 115 º 15:59 Mon 1/30/2012

Awesome update and the barcode scanner rocks!

Gregis
beers 1281 º places 24 º 06:26 Tue 1/31/2012

This is a great app, Eric. Super-fast searches on my Galaxy SII. The only "glitches" that I’ve encountered are with places: the numeric ratings don’t match those on the site (and seemingly have no rhyme or reason to them) and I get an error message when I go to my profiles. ("The command failed unexpectedly. Connection is poor or RateBeer is offline") The odd thing is that it actually loads my profile fine. It just has that error overlay every time.

Steeeve
beers 327 º places 36 º 09:49 Tue 1/31/2012

Originally posted by Gregis
This is a great app, Eric. Super-fast searches on my Galaxy SII. The only "glitches" that I’ve encountered are with places: the numeric ratings don’t match those on the site (and seemingly have no rhyme or reason to them) and I get an error message when I go to my profiles. ("The command failed unexpectedly. Connection is poor or RateBeer is offline") The odd thing is that it actually loads my profile fine. It just has that error overlay every time.

I’m having the same issue on my Droid X2. I get that error when I submit a review, and again when I submit the distribution info. It goes through just fine every time, but the error message always comes up.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 11:32 Tue 1/31/2012

Tried it out a bit on my SE Xperia X8 earlier today. Works better than previous versions but it still crashes when I try to open a BM or search for a beer. Otherwise, it seems to work.

levifunk
beers 12 º 12:25 Tue 1/31/2012

Great app. Only problem I have is that when my phone is on and logged into the app, when I receive a PM, it is marked as read on the website even though I’ve never opened it.

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 13:57 Tue 1/31/2012

Originally posted by levifunk
Great app. Only problem I have is that when my phone is on and logged into the app, when I receive a PM, it is marked as read on the website even though I’ve never opened it.

I’ve experienced this as well.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 14:21 Tue 1/31/2012

Originally posted by VsXsV

is this related to a scrape?

please see

msg-view.asp
mid = message id
u = userid

you may need to parse the output

Thehin
places 1 º 22:35 Tue 1/31/2012

Originally posted by joet

please see

msg-view.asp
mid = message id
u = userid

you may need to parse the output

Is this in the API doc? I couldn’t find this in the word documentation for the API.

Thanks!

erickok
beers 6033 º places 274 º 22:39 Tue 1/31/2012

Works better than previous versions but it still crashes when I try to open a BM or search for a beer.

Phones with older (2.2 or older) versions of Android have this problem. I was able to figure this out because of the crash reports people send me. Thanks for that! I’ll release the fix soon!

Originally posted by joet

No, I use the json api for this, but the call itself marks the message as read. Will investigate further, but i’m pretty sure that’s the problem.