RateBeer
home Home > Forums >
Site News | Beer Talk | Beer Trade | Beer Travel | Food/Beer | For Sale | New Here | Homebrew | Non-US | Industry | OT - Lite | OT - Medium

RateBeer Japan Gathering 2

read 694 times • 10 replies • posted 10/2/2012 6:34:44 AM

Thread Frozen

premium
TimE 3110:241
I am not going to post too much as a thread has already started in the Japan Forum ( http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/rbjg-2_213901.htm)

Event listing - http://www.ratebeer.com/event/18780/ratebeer-japan-gathering-2/

What will happen is still being figured out, but since we will have limited number of attendees, we can basically take requests from overseas visitors. Hopefully by the end of this year as schedule is finalized. I am guessing we will end up with 8-12 people coming, though it would be great if we get more.

Post any questions you have on the Japan Forum.

Tim
Private message Send the author a private message

evergreen0199 1948:
I will be in Japan in 3 weeks time, what a shame Iíll miss this.
10/2/2012 7:38:20 AM

Private message send the author a private message

premium
EdKing 1800:135
If the strength of the yen comes down Iíll seriously consider it.
10/2/2012 8:25:04 AM

Gazza 726:163
Yes itís expensive, but anyone even considering going JUST DO IT!!!

I had a great time and would love to go again (probably wonít happen, but you never know...) and if the scene is even better than in 2009 then itís one massively good scene!

And, obviously, the country itself is just bonkers and like nothing else Iíve ever experienced, but in a good way...

JUST GO!!!
10/2/2012 9:17:25 AM

KAggie97 3529:220
Man, Iíd love to do this some day. Beer aside, the food experience alone would be worth it.
10/4/2012 8:02:09 AM

premium
chriso 7347:368
Iím seriously tempted but it may clash with other existing plans.
10/5/2012 4:54:34 AM

premium
TimE 3110:241
I am bumping this thread. The yen has done a decent job a depreciating in the past few months against the USD and EUR and it looks like with the newly elected Prime Minister, it should weaken further. This is obviously good news for out of town visitors. If you look at the prices Iíve mentioned on the Event page, I would estimate the prices will actually be 10-20% than what is quoted in USD.

There are 12 people signed up and apparently a couple others coming that are not signed up. I am guessing total number is about 15. It would be great if we can break 20 people.

Tim
PS I am buying some rare seasonals for the grand tasting already, so the sooner people can commit the better.
12/19/2012 6:47:51 AM

premium
Travlr 9997:1481
I am definitely interested, but I may have a work trip just beforehand, so it may be tough for me to commit for now.
12/19/2012 7:39:29 AM

premium
dcschiller 2207:45
This would be awesome to attend. Enjoy guys.
12/19/2012 7:39:52 AM

evergreen0199 1948:
I visit Japan every 3 years (my wife is Japanese) and I can confirm that it is indeed a wonderful country to experience. The food is fantastic, presentation of everything is amazing, very high standards, the Japanese people are an absolute delight and it is a world away from the rudeness of London. The yen is incredibly strong at the moment and my recent trip cost me a small fortune but it really is worth experiencing at least once.
12/19/2012 7:48:16 AM

premium
dcschiller 2207:45
Originally posted by evergreen0199
I visit Japan every 3 years (my wife is Japanese) and I can confirm that it is indeed a wonderful country to experience. The food is fantastic, presentation of everything is amazing, very high standards, the Japanese people are an absolute delight and it is a world away from the rudeness of London. The yen is incredibly strong at the moment and my recent trip cost me a small fortune but it really is worth experiencing at least once.

6 years after visiting Japan for the first time, I still keep my cell phone on mute or vibrate. It was a lesson in politeness that I wont forget soon.
12/19/2012 7:52:39 AM

Copyright © 2000-2014,
RateBeer LLC. All rights
reserved.
about us
About RateBeer
FAQ
Contact/Feedback
New Beers
add
Advanced Search