Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013 - Minneapolis

Reads 18094 • Replies 221 • Started Monday, April 22, 2013 11:48:49 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

bytemesis
beers 15304 º places 1595 º 20:48 Wed 6/12/2013

I wish I could make it back to my alma mater for this to meet all you Minnesota types, but alas, I don’t think it is going to happen. Too much kids, job, family stuff in the way.

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 20:52 Wed 6/12/2013

Originally posted by JK

Greg, what do you mean by the "on your own" lines, such as, Barley John’s "on your own" but part of the bus tour?

The bus will bring you there, but you’ll need to cover the cost of food / beer at many of the establishments.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 21:08 Wed 6/12/2013

Is the Grand Tasting $60/per whether I take the bus or not? I am just trying to complete the sign up form.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 08:05 Thu 6/13/2013

Flights finally booked. Might have a ride from Chicago lined up. Just need to get some of these events paid for and figure out how I’m getting to the airport on Sunday evening.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 08:11 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by t0rin0
Flights finally booked. Might have a ride from Chicago lined up. Just need to get some of these events paid for and figure out how I’m getting to the airport on Sunday evening.

I am willing, as are others, to drop people at the airport as necessary.

CLevar
places 23 º 09:29 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by khoffman43
Originally posted by t0rin0

I am willing, as are others, to drop people at the airport as necessary.

Yep! There are a fair number of MN folks who have volunteered to cart people around, including to the airport!

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 09:34 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by JK
Is the Grand Tasting $60/per whether I take the bus or not? I am just trying to complete the sign up form.

At this time we are including it in the bundled cost. Part of the deal with hosting the Grand Tasting at Surly was that we provided a safe ride for those who want or need it.

With that said, if the total amount of people planning on utilizing the shuttle via the RSVP is relatively small, we are going to try and get a small shuttle for very limited use to keep the cost as low as possible.

Once the RSVP’s are tallied, we should be able to get the prices set in stone.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 09:38 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by Bacterial
Originally posted by JK

Greg, what do you mean by the "on your own" lines, such as, Barley John’s "on your own" but part of the bus tour?

The bus will bring you there, but you’ll need to cover the cost of food / beer at many of the establishments.

This is correct. We initially planned on bundling beer and food cost in to the bus tour as one price, however logistically it will work out better for the breweries/brewpubs by doing it this way.

This should also also people to decide how much they will personally want to spend at each place.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 10:12 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by DalzAle
Originally posted by JK

At this time we are including it in the bundled cost. Part of the deal with hosting the Grand Tasting at Surly was that we provided a safe ride for those who want or need it.

With that said, if the total amount of people planning on utilizing the shuttle via the RSVP is relatively small, we are going to try and get a small shuttle for very limited use to keep the cost as low as possible.

Once the RSVP’s are tallied, we should be able to get the prices set in stone.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ok. I am in for sure bit that probably means I won’t bring the better half, just throwing that out there.

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 08:10 Tue 6/18/2013

Go go go!