Ratebeer Summer Gathering 2013

Reads 11955 • Replies 163 • Started Friday, August 17, 2012 9:25:59 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

MatSciGuy
beers 924 º 08:07 Fri 10/19/2012

Originally posted by DalzAle
Originally posted by JK
things to consider: where you want the hotel to be and cost of group rate, whether a shuttle would run all day or only drop off and pick up, and any Surly policy on outside food.

Based on feedback from the 07 RBSG, my current plan is to have a shuttle to and from Hotel/Surly during the grand tasting, but have everyone utilize cars otherwise.

Let’s rent a bunch of Segways

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 13:15 Wed 10/31/2012

Originally posted by DalzAle
Originally posted by khoffman43
Are we trying to meet Thursday as well? Thursday looks wide open for me and no presidential arguments are scheduled that day

If I can get enough people to commit, I’ll come out again.

No one was able to make it tonight, but I was able to make some notes and enjoy Town Halls Fresh hop in the meantime.

If anyone wants to take the lead on any of the following items in the meantime, it would help me out.

-Food or Food Truck planning for the grand tasting
-Shuttle bus between the grand tasting and hotel
-Hotel logistic for mid July or late August weekends in 2013

Bumping this back up now that Darkness Day has passed. What does everyone’s schedule look like the week of November 5th and is anyone interested in coming out and taking on a few planning tasks?

CLevar
places 23 º 13:27 Wed 10/31/2012

Would sure like to help out, but I really don’t know what my schedule will look like for next week. If you let me know though, I will sure try to work something out!

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 13:29 Wed 10/31/2012

I am free Fridays and weekends but that is generally it.

mista
places 1 º 12:16 Fri 11/2/2012

I know the main theme is beer but if you plan it end of august you may be able to tie in a trip to the great MN get together. I believe the MN state fair is one of the highest attended state fairs in the country. Also with the new Beer Hall they set up this past year who knows where things will go. This may help attract more people to kill two birds with one stone.

Just a thought.

Cheers

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 09:02 Sun 11/4/2012

Hey Caleb/Kyle (and anyone else interested). Let me know how this week unfolds for you, I’m wide open.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 09:53 Sun 11/4/2012

I should be free Friday night. We could go somewhere, or do a tasting at someones place and discuss. Weeknights are near impossible for me right now.

DalzAle
beers 2046 º places 14 º 08:29 Thu 11/8/2012

Small beer tasting and RBSG meeting at my place in EP Friday night. Shoot me an email if you’d like to join Caleb, Kyle and I.

TheHOFF43
beers 2045 º places 169 º 12:40 Thu 11/8/2012

If anyone else chooses to join let me know if there is anything in my cellar (or on store shelfs) you’d like me to bring. I am hoping to get to Wisconsin tomorrow early afternoon so I can grab stuff there as well for anyone. We can open it, or you can pay me for whatever I pick up.

MatSciGuy
beers 924 º 15:13 Thu 11/8/2012

What time on Friday Greg? I was thinking dinner with the family, but... well... priorities.